Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he came we wouldn't have to worry about long cup runs disrupting league form

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Staggered he has lasted as long as he has, great player, completely clueless as a manager. Just like Bobby Charlton, Nobby Stiles, Ossie Ardiles and a host of others. I realise that my comparisons are probably elevating Pearce as a player higher than he was.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think I would cry if he came here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For those who say he is 'useless', can I remind you that he got THIS squad to the final of the 2009 european championships

GK 22 Scott Loach
RB 2 Martin Cranie
CB 17 Micah Richards
CB 6 Nedum Onuoha
LB 19 Kieran Gibbs
DM 12 Fabrice Muamba
CM 4 Lee Cattermole
CM 10 Mark Noble (c)
RW 7 James Milner
LW 11 Adam Johnson
CF 14 Theo Walcott

and also got to the Quater finals of the Euro 2007 and only lost on pens to a talented dutch side with THIS poor bunch:
Carson, Hoyte, Taylor, Onuoha, Baines, Milner, Reo-Coker Noble, Young, Nugent Lita

So not quite as bad as people make out.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
So not quite as bad as people make out.

I like the bloke, not saying we should let him near the Amex though. He probably went to Man City too early in his managerial career and has had a pretty thankless task with the Under 21s. Not a host of young English players getting a chance in the PL and the better ones possibly not available all the time. Heard on the radio yesterday that the PL has only 2% of it's players who are U21. Not sure there's many big clubs out there willing to risk him.

He was a great player for England, fully committed and England were worth watching then.

Good luck to the fella, I say.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
total fraud

worth remembering that when he was citeh manager he got David James a special shirt and played him up front from the last 5 mins of a game

overrated player as well imo, yes he likes the stanglers and did that mad fist pump but really, come in, its the veneration of the likes of Pearce as player and his baffling employment that is some of the problem with this country

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I think he would be a good fit. English managers seem to get promoted from the Championship, he must have good contacts given the nature of the U21 job and he is big enough of a profile to attract players.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think he would be a good fit. English managers seem to get promoted from the Championship, he must have good contacts given the nature of the U21 job and he is big enough of a profile to attract players.

OH.MY.GOD.

I hope you just posted that whilst drunk and don't really think that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here