Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Bloom in the Argus today

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can you overcome MS?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Probably in the same way as others do with Parkinson's, you come to terms with it and live your life the best you can. Unlike Guinness fraudster Ernest Saunders who was released from prison early because of his Alzheimer's only to "get better".

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Depends on the type of MS. There's a benign form where you have a couple of attacks and then never suffer again or a "relapsing remitting" form where you can go for years without an attack - blimey get me being all clever first thing in the morning!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Depends on the type of MS. There's a benign form where you have a couple of attacks and then never suffer again or a "relapsing remitting" form where you can go for years without an attack - blimey get me being all clever first thing in the morning!

3 types of ms, relapse remitting where it progresses with each relapse, secondary progressive where it also progresses over time and primary progressive which is the worst type of all when you end up bed ridden and unable to to anything for yourself. You can have the first type and lead a normal life. Although you can't overcome ms you learn to manage it. There is no cure yet although the biggest hope is stem cell research
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/...convert-human-skin-cells-into-embryonic-stem/

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

As an MS sufferer, I can confirm this. The first form you only get one attack. I have relapsing remitting and have had two minor attacks in five years, neither lasting more than a few days. However, some people have very severe forms of relapsing remitting and are no longer able to work. In addiiton, any form other than the one -attack variety has a 50% chance of getting worse leading to the mortal stage 4.

Unless she has the first stage, she's still got it but she may be, like me, leading a life that is 90% the same as everyone else.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

You watch the West Wing right..?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

upthealbion1970

NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No but you can have stages of remission.

Pretty sure you can't as the scarring on the brain/spinal cord is scar tissue and there for life. It is by definition a degenerative disease, there are things sufferers can do to alleviate some of the symptoms such as diet and having enough rest but its always there.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Pretty sure you can't as the scarring on the brain/spinal cord is scar tissue and there for life. It is by definition a degenerative disease, there are things sufferers can do to alleviate some of the symptoms such as diet and having enough rest but its always there.

NO, he's right... thats why stage 2 is called relapsing, remitting. It cannot go away completely but the myelin sheath can repair itself unless you get to stage 3. Scars will remain but only like scar on the skin with a stitch, in stage 2.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
NO, he's right... thats why stage 2 is called relapsing, remitting. It cannot go away completely but the myelin sheath can repair itself unless you get to stage 3. Scars will remain but only like scar on the skin with a stitch, in stage 2.

That's not what 4 neurologists and 3 MS nurses have told me and my mrs over the last 7 years. We have been told that the earliest "stage" is relapse remitting (rrms) which is also the most common type which the majority of sufferers lead a 85% normal life with.

Benign ms can only be diagnosed retrospectively
http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here