Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notifications

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Back in the day, before we shut down for a couple of days, we used to get a 'notification' when someone quoted us. Is it just me, or does this not happen for other people now? It's annoying as you don't know when someone has said something to you and then have to track back through threads.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Any word on whether Alan Navarro is signing a new contract? Don't quote me, might take me a while to pick it up.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Sorry guys, I just don't keep track.... How did we do in the play offs?

:jester:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Dunno mate. Was watching Festen :smile: Glad someone else likes that film.

Class film. Ever seen The Idiots, another Danish film of the Dogme movement? Extremely difficult viewing but extremely interesting.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Class film. Ever seen The Idiots, another Danish film of the Dogme movement? Extremely difficult viewing but extremely interesting.

Yeah, seen that and I think it's great, but Festen for me set an unreachable benchmark. It's so brilliantly and chillingly acted. And the number of people apart from the main actors playin the scene is so amazing. To manage that while covering paedophilia, incest and racism with such focus will never be matched. You're constantly asking yourself why the guests stay there, but then constantly understanding why. I don't think any other film has portrayed the moment where complete denial meets complete honesty so well.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, seen that and I think it's great, but Festen for me set an unreachable benchmark. It's so brilliantly and chillingly acted. And the number of people apart from the main actors playin the scene is so amazing. To manage that while covering paedophilia, incest and racism with such focus will never be matched. You're constantly asking yourself why the guests stay there, but then constantly understanding why. I don't think any other film has portrayed the moment where complete denial meets complete honesty so well.

Yes, exactly. The way that they continue to party and even do the conga even though they are finding out this stuff is fascinating. I don't know if you did too, but at the end, when the head of the family, (name escapes me) came down for break, I felt very slightly sorry for him, even after what he has done. I can't explain why, just do. Truly, an engrossing and thought provoking film.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I like the bit where they stop having access to notifications and instead start discussing European films - you wonder why they don't just start a new thread. Pretty post-modern stuff... :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here