Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gigs This Summer

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Good people of NSC (and others):

I'm looking to get to some great gigs this summer in the Brighton / East Sussex area.

Looking to find some gems and also see some new music.

Suggestions please! :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Black Uhuru, best reggae band ever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's not great live, as discussed on here previously. Tends to go missing mid gig. Can't fault his music though. Great recent album.

Fair point, and it might have even been me who said this as I didn't like his Haunt gig a year or so ago. But, I saw him last Thursday and he was much better. His playing is still a little untidy but the set was much better and structured as he now has more material to pull from which seemed to keep him focused. New album is great.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Fair point, and it might have even been me who said this as I didn't like his Haunt gig a year or so ago. But, I saw him last Thursday and he was much better. His playing is still a little untidy but the set was much better and structured as he now has more material to pull from which seemed to keep him focused. New album is great.

Thougt it was you who mentioned it previously. Saw him at Koko in Camden the night after the Brighton gig I think. He just seemed to lose interest half way through as did most of the audience and their incessant chatter. Shame because he's really up there with the best I think in his genre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thougt it was you who mentioned it previously. Saw him at Koko in Camden the night after the Brighton gig I think. He just seemed to lose interest half way through as did most of the audience and their incessant chatter. Shame because he's really up there with the best I think in his genre.

Ah yes. I recall our chat now. We both had the same opinion but went to separate gigs. I think you also told me about the Spaceman 3 cover in the set which I didn't pick up on, and I returned the favour regarding the Springsteen cover in the set. IMHO he has improved, still scratchy picky guitar but set is more focused and not so flabby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here