Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the BEST film you've ever seen?

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I say ever seen, and not just "ever", because no one has seen every single film ever made so therefore can make that judgement.

So far in my film watching career, my favourite film has to be Forrest Gump. An all time classic, a beautiful story told in a fascinating, hilarious and brilliant manour. Films that are up there with it in my eyes are:

Shutter Island
The Green Mile
Die Hard (The first one abviously, the rest were dog shit)
Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
The Usual Suspects
Django Unchained

That's just to name a few of my sloppy seconds, it was hard to pick my favourite, but having a bit of a think about it, Forrest Gump is one of the only films I'm happy to watch over and over, and still enjoy it every time, not many films can do that to me, in fact it's probably the only one.

IMBD says Shawshank Redmption is the best film of all time, bitch please, it's up there I admit that but not number one?!:nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not really a big film fan and don't really think I have a "best film ever", but as you mention films you watch over and over, then I guess it has to be the Back To The Future trilogy

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I say ever seen, and not just "ever", because no one has seen every single film ever made so therefore can make that judgement.

So far in my film watching career, my favourite film has to be Forrest Gump. An all time classic, a beautiful story told in a fascinating, hilarious and brilliant manour. Films that are up there with it in my eyes are:

Shutter Island
The Green Mile
Die Hard (The first one abviously, the rest were dog shit)
Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
The Usual Suspects
Django Unchained

That's just to name a few of my sloppy seconds, it was hard to pick my favourite, but having a bit of a think about it, Forrest Gump is one of the only films I'm happy to watch over and over, and still enjoy it every time, not many films can do that to me, in fact it's probably the only one.

IMBD says Shawshank Redmption is the best film of all time, bitch please, it's up there I admit that but not number one?!:nono:

I am so pleased you said shutter island. My lad bought it or me but inside the box was Mad Men series! Last fathers day he purchased it again for me but the disk was faulty and didn't work. The Missus is away and I decided to watch it tonight on Netflix after the footy.....you better be right

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Saving Private Ryan and Shawshank are my favourites. Watched Django Unchained the other day and have to say that has potential to join them

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Not really a big film fan and don't really think I have a "best film ever", but as you mention films you watch over and over, then I guess it has to be the Back To The Future trilogy

Don't see what all the fuss is about with BTTF, only seen the first one but I thought it was so shit I just couldn't bring my self to watching the others.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I am so pleased you said shutter island. My lad bought it or me but inside the box was Mad Men series! Last fathers day he purchased it again for me but the disk was faulty and didn't work. The Missus is away and I decided to watch it tonight on Netflix after the footy.....you better be right

Make sure you pay attention from start to finish, if you don't it will **** with your head more than it needs to :).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jaws-few films have touched an entire generation like that did!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Schindler's List.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Interesting some of you say Saving Private Ryan. I enjoyed it but think overall it's overrated.

Another film I missed was The Departed, a Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio double act from 2006, enjoyable watch and is up there in my opinion, number 50 odd on IMBD as well.

A few more add:

Fight Club (Just genius)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Adorable and freaky)
Braveheart (This film injects extra MANLINESS into you, for life.).
Good Will Hunting (Just epic acting from start to finish and a fantastic story).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The Empire Strikes back is my favourite. Casablanca, Shawshank and The Silence Of The Lambs (Hopkins performance as Hannibal Lecter remains the single greatest film acting I have ever seen) are also up there on my list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here