Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few bits and pieces of news

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Had a chat yesterday with someone who has contacts at the club. He told me something had happened last week and that club staff had been asked to report in Thursday this week for a briefing. He said the word "re-structuring" was used. He did not know if this was with regard to the managers job or not.

He told me what he believed to be the reasons behind the suspensions and he said he would be VERY suprised if Poyet, Tanno and especially Charlie returned. Have to say I agree with him. Cannot say more on this for obvious reasons!

He reckons we have not seen the last of Vicente. He said he was fully fit since Jan (as per interview) but was just not used. After a few problems at the start of the year his family are now very settled n Brighton and he really wants to stay - ultimately though it is not up to him so will depend on what any new manager wants (and I am guessing on what happens with regard to Lopez)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks for posting that. Very pleased about what you say about the dagger.

Glad I read this before it maybe gets removed for 'speculation' :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Interesting - I was expecting Charlie to stay not matter what happened with the others.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Had a chat yesterday with someone who has contacts at the club. He told me something had happened last week and that club staff had been asked to report in Thursday this week for a briefing. He said the word "re-structuring" was used. He did not know if this was with regard to the managers job or not.

He told me what he believed to be the reasons behind the suspensions and he said he would be VERY suprised if Poyet, Tanno and especially Charlie returned. Have to say I agree with him. Cannot say more on this for obvious reasons!

He reckons we have not seen the last of Vicente. He said he was fully fit since Jan (as per interview) but was just not used. After a few problems at the start of the year his family are now very settled n Brighton and he really wants to stay - ultimately though it is not up to him so will depend on what any new manager wants (and I am guessing on what happens with regard to Lopez)
Perhaps the restructuring means they are enlarging The North Stand? Well you never know.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I really cannot see Vicente, one if the most talented players I've seen, being desperate to come back to a club who have released him from his contract. He'll never play for us again, mark my words.

A restructure is pretty obvious considering the main 3 members of our back room staff are more than likely to be off.

Interested to hear why you said especially Oatway - I know u can't say anything though so I won't dig deeper on that one.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

You will now be inundated with pm's asking you for more info !!

FWIW I think your post is one of the most interesting so far !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a big meeting Wednesday
Maybe we will find out more later in the week.

So there are big meetings Wednesday and Thursday, have they ordered the buffet ?

DanielT

Don't know if it's connected, but the Friends of the Albion meeting, normally on a Thursday, was on Wednesday last week. Adds weight to something happening on Thursday. However, the reminder for it was sent out on the 29th May, so if it was related, then it was planned a week before

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I am NOT speculating

I know it is none of my/our business but I just cannot understand why Charlie would get himself into trouble like this - he is obviously not as wealthy as Gus and Tanno and it was widely reported a few years ago that he was very badly stung by some terrible investment advice and then there is Oatway junior trying to develop his football career, gave a very good account of himself in the sussex senior cup final but is no longer a part of the albion development squad - not forgetting that Charlie has been a great servant to the club on and off the field for many years

who was it who sung 'there are more questions than answers' ??

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

thanks for the info - however, i also have a contact at the club, but im not 100% convinced by the vicente thing, it goes against a bit of what ive heard. im hoping im wrong however

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I haven't got a contact at the club and I haven't a clue, does that make me unique ?

No ,but everyone has at the cricket this is where most of this bullshit stems from, they are having a right laugh with what gets written on here,I fell for the Bergkamp one a couple of weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here