Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsorship for Newcastle

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So because under sharia law it is prohibited to benefit from lending money to another person , he won't wear next seasons shirt because it's sponsored by wonga, a money lending company but was happy to wear one sponsored by virgin money, a credit card company.Do credit card company's not make a profit from lending money anymore?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I actually respect Cisse if that is true.

I'm not sure of the need to mention Sharia Law in the article though. You can be Muslim and believe Wonga's business is wrong without being a follower of Sharia Law.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I bet Wonga are loving this, look at all the advertising they are getting at the moment from news articles.

If Cisse wears a shirt with no advertising it will be like the spurs v Coventry cup final when spurs had no holsten advertising on a number of shirts. Everyone at first thought it was an error by spurs but it was probably a publicity stunt as holsten got loads of free mentions in the press for the next few days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So because under sharia law it is prohibited to benefit from lending money to another person , he won't wear next seasons shirt because it's sponsored by wonga, a money lending company but was happy to wear one sponsored by virgin money, a credit card company.Do credit card company's not make a profit from lending money anymore?

This confused me, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here