Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is this country so Windy now ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can someone explain to me please why this country is now so windy ? For the last few years EVERY single day it is windy. I can count the calm days in the last year on one hand. What is going on ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
heinz-baked-beans-post-card-6020400-0-1355405812000.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any sensible explanations ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not Uncle. Check the forecast for tomorrow - almost no wind at all. Ideal for a slice of sea swimming.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not Uncle. Check the forecast for tomorrow - almost no wind at all. Ideal for a slice of sea swimming.

Tomorrow, maybe but still I maintain something very odd is going on. Wind, wind, wind and more wind. A bit like NSC really. LOL !

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's climate change, particularly in the Arctic, that's moving the normal path of the Jetstream that's changing our weather.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This weekend has been pretty windy and cool despite the weather forecast. Not yet the heat wave we would all love.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's to do with the jet stream.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it something to do with the Atlantic Jetstreams and the fact that the UK has been the wrong side of it for what seems to be the last five years?

http://www.metcheck.com/ATLANTIC/jetstream.asp#.UbS2Avm1FsA

It's climate change, particularly in the Arctic, that's moving the normal path of the Jetstream that's changing our weather.

It's to do with the jet stream.

Ive no doubt some hippy will tell us its got something to do with global warming

Loads of hippys on here!

???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope we have a wind from the north in the morning and one from the south from about 5pm. That'll get me to and from work on bicycle more fastly. If so i could have a 5 minute lie-in and get home in time to watch most of a film before the girlfriend gets home and asks me silly questions about my day and how i am so miraculously unsweaty at such a time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
pretty normal on the Langney point but not as bad as it is in Wales my garden there ended up with very short plants and shrubs even all the tree's we put in had a slant :lolol:
serious answer is the the jet stream has moved down a tad apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here