Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendlies

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The season kicks off on August 3rd. Normally there are at least a months worth of friendlies and recently a training camp abroad.

I've heard the match at Whitehawk is in doubt......

Has anyone heard anything from their local clubs to give some sort of indication?

Also, anyone wishing to follow the club abroad will need to get their annual leave sorted and holiday booked pretty sharpish.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A good point. Normally by now we would know the opponents and date of our home friendly against Premiership opposition.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The season kicks off on August 3rd. Normally there are at least a months worth of friendlies and recently a training camp abroad.

I've heard the match at Whitehawk is in doubt......

Has anyone heard anything from their local clubs to give some sort of indication?

Also, anyone wishing to follow the club abroad will need to get their annual leave sorted and holiday booked pretty sharpish.
Is the friendly at Whitehawk in doubt after they revealed the Albion had put in an objection to them changing their name to Brighton City even though they had missed the deadline for the name change ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bognor thirds, Worthing athletic reserves, lancing FC reserves, ...and no doubt some other Micky mouse local teams.

We need to be playing decent sides, premiership sides, etc etc maybe a European team or two to get some momentum going.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Isn't is usually about a week after people are back from holiday? I believe they are back sometime this week.

All the same as every year so far at the Albion. Contracts wise, friendlies wise, training wise, signings wise, budget wise.

DON'T PANIC!!!! (yet)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
with Paul Barber's connections expect some big name friendlies - home and away

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Isn't is usually about a week after people are back from holiday? I believe they are back sometime this week.

All the same as every year so far at the Albion. Contracts wise, friendlies wise, training wise, signings wise, budget wise.

DON'T PANIC!!!! (yet)

Ordinarily you are right, but as the season starts on August 3rd, everything is earlier this year. No panic here, I'm just a supporter. :)

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Word is Liverpool are due to come down and play on the July 10th.
Part of a thank you from Brendan Rodgers for supporting Anton in the recent court case.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Word is Liverpool are due to come down and play on the July 10th.
Part of a thank you from Brendan Rodgers for supporting Anton in the recent court case.

The Liverpool match was to have been Charlie Oatway's Testimonial (10th July) and was arranged during the process of the court case.
In view of recent events since this fixture was agreed, not sure if this will remain.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
The Chelsea game was announced when I was at the euros last year and I ony went a year ago today so not unusual to announce things late although granted that was a later addition to the fixtures already announced

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Chelsea game was announced when I was at the euros last year and I ony went a year ago today so not unusual to announce things late although granted that was a later addition to the fixtures already announced

And the fact the league started later in August.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This thread seems to come up year in year out. We leave everything absurdly late when it comes to arranging, (or at least announcing), our pre-season programme.

As we often do when it comes to many other close season activities, arranging new contracts, signing new players etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here