Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
With Elche gaining promotion to La Liga and their interest last season I wonder if Vicente will have one last stab on the big stage.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Good shout, I for one would be glad to see him back happy and playing football, he's too good to be sitting on the sidelines although he seems to be a bit of a tortured soul these days.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope that Elche's manager is prepared to become known as the worst man in football. It's a Vicente tradition.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Vicente never said anything bad about Valencia's manager. He said their medical team just wouldn't help him

Pretty sure he had a pop at Unai Emery when he arrived here. If I'm wrong, then damn it, because I've been spreading that "knowledge" about.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Good luck to him if he does. The best player I have ever seen play for Brighton but just couldn't stay fit for long enough. Will never forget that performance against Derby, specifically that run from the halfway line when he hit the bar.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pretty sure he had a pop at Unai Emery when he arrived here. If I'm wrong, then damn it, because I've been spreading that "knowledge" about.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/valencia-hit-by-turmoil-as-midfield-star-1073981
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/valencia-boss-emery-denies-vicente-bust-212733
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...to-basics-for-seagull-from-spain-2375023.html (this one is interesting, he talks about how it wasn't money, it was the manager that convinced him - relevant to that thread about not worrying about signings just because e gus situation hasn't been resolved, and something about not always getting jokes - relevant given his criticisms of gus's training tactics

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Says a lot when Vicente calls Gus 'the worst person he's ever met in football' - ie worse than any issue he had with anyone at Valencia.

And in the same article he praised Charlie a lot, so clearly he hadn't been encouraged to say that by the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that I'd take this as anywhere close to as damning as Vicente's comments about Gus, in fact I don't see why questioning tactics is that big a deal, I wish some of the Albion players had done this over the last couple of seasons when Gus got it totally wrong in a game.

And Vicente further dented morale by speaking out against his gaffer's switch to a 4-3-3 system.

The midfielder said: "It's rather surprising we have targeted this system with the players we have, especially when playing at home.

"The team just did not take to this plan and it hurt us a little bit because this system does not work. However, it is the coach who decides."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here