Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus staying?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hopefully this doesn't count as speculation, as just passing on something I've heard from a: :cheery:

That suspensions have been lifted and Gus is due to have a meeting with the board when he returns from Barbados to sort out budgets and the like for next year.

No idea as to its authenticity though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This would be the best outcome.

Or, a MENTAL South American to replace him. Some nutjob Mexican, for example.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would be very pleased with that but would be a little concerned about the general crowd reaction to the decision. A bad start to the season and a lot of people would be on Gus' back immediately. Of course, if we signed a few players and had a great start to the season, the last three weeks would be forgotten very quickly!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
would be a decent outcome provided both parties are happy to put the last 3 weeks to one side. I always worry that you may just be papering over the cracks so to speak.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
So after all he has said and done you lot would welcome him back with open arms? He's played us like a fool. Thought Mr Bloom was a world class poker player? Seems Gus has seen his hand. In any event. I won't hide the fact I do not like Gus but as a fan I have to stick by the club on their choice. :/

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
The rumour I keep hearing is, he is off to Real Zaragoza and the two people in the frame to be manager are previously mentioned OGS and Tim Sherwood.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmmmm... I would be pleased but surprised, and would wish to spit the bile I feel towards certain members of the NSC witchhunters brigade.

Still, nothing is certain yet.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
The rumour I keep hearing is, he is off to Real Zaragoza and the two people in the frame to be manager are previously mentioned OGS and Tim Sherwood.
Can't see that happening unless we waive the compensation as Zaragoza have just been relegated. They are in a bit of disarray at the moment, president and manager leaving!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Can't see that happening unless we waive the compensation as Zaragoza have just been relegated. They are in a bit of disarray at the moment, president and manager leaving!

With regard to the compensation owed to us I find it a bit strange that we would demand this. It is not as if we have lost this money unless we then have to pay another club compo for their manager. Obviously on the other side of things then Gus wouldnt walk away without compo as that surely represents his wages owed on his contract if we decide to cut him loose and he is not at fault. This is to protect the fact that he may not get another job so it represents his potential loss of wages...or am I missing the point?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So after all he has said and done you lot would welcome him back with open arms?

One badly misjudged post-match interview vs 3 1/2 years of quality football?

Of course you'd ****ing take him back. Like a shot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here