Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relax. People are on holiday

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1. No rush for Tony to deal with Gussie till he comes back from the Bahamas, all brown, and looking even more like a little monkey.

2. Suspending him, er, suspends things. I would imagine Tony was very cross about the retained list tantrum (Gussie refusing to deal with it). And on top of all the 'come and get me' fandango . . . . I'd be cross. Tony has perhaps gambled that a couple of weeks is 'wise time'. Reason for his (and our) calm? Who would come and get a suspended manager who is sunning himself and listening to Junkanoo on his iPod a million miles away, with who knows what hanging over his head? All Tony has to do if anyone does 'sniff' is quote the compensation requirement. Allegedly this has already put Wigan off (but I suspect this is largely press guesswork).

3. Gussie has gone quiet. Not because he's a shy retiring type. Tony probably told him that things can be sorted, but not now, just go away for 2 weeks, keep your trap shut, and we'll see (with 'But I am very cross with you' echoing down the corridor).

4. Limbo? Not really. Best we sat ta ta to the loanees. We could splash all our cash on Bridge (like Reading have done) but what's the point? He's not the only footballer in the world fit for us. Anyway . . . I didn't really like him. He's a pale shadow of his former self. Good in Championship . . . but not worth 40K a week (he was on 90-100, with us subbing 10). Its not a humiliation to say ta ta to a player like Bridge.

5. Relax about the Palace trolls. They come on here only because we fascinate them. Best to not reply. I'm afraid I have replied (ahem) occasionally (ahem) but I will now make a principled stand and ignore them. And, for the record, I think that Palace are a perfectly reasonable little club; not all of their lot come from New Addington (although some of the,obviously do).

Have a nice weekend folks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good post. It's summer. People should be enjoying the fine weather, spending time with their loved ones and forgetting about football for a few weeks.

All these saddos that get so stressed because they've not had any Albion-related news for 24 hours quite frankly need to get a life.

It is possible to have a life and moan about the club. It only takes a moment, whilst having a coffee, to post on Nsc especially now, it's so easy from phones.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
3. Gussie has gone quiet. Not because he's a shy retiring type. Tony probably told him that things can be sorted, but not now, just go away for 2 weeks, keep your trap shut, and we'll see (with 'But I am very cross with you' echoing down the corridor).

Getting Gus to keep his mouth shut for two weeks may well be one of Tony's greatest achievements along side getting the stadium built. Gus will be back soon and things will all be back to normal! Hooray! :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Only a few weeks until the first friendly. I think people are well within their rights to expect progress soon.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All seems reasonable enough to me. Besides, when has TB EVER let us down?

Exactly.

Enjoy the beach.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Good post. It's summer. People should be enjoying the fine weather, spending time with their loved ones and forgetting about football for a few weeks.

All these saddos that get so stressed because they've not had any Albion-related news for 24 hours quite frankly need to get a life.

100% this. I reckon all the doom mongers should get together for a meet up and drink somewhere to discuss their worries.

I think this venue would be perfect - http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebeachyheadeastbourne/

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
100% this. I reckon all the doom mongers should get together for a meet up and drink somewhere to discuss their worries.

I think this venue would be perfect - http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebeachyheadeastbourne/

It's too close to the Amex, take the doom mongers as far away from here as possible !!

Those who are moaning either don't trust TB or are impatient (and are the same ones who are angry we weren't promoted).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last time we heard the 'people are on holiday' argument, we ended up with Hinshelwood as manager :nono:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

It is the same every year. Normally it is about this player signed for them, that player signed for so-and-so, there is only going to be nobodies left at this rate, etc etc. This year there is something bigger unresolved and human nature means people will speculate and expect some kind of response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here