Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone use anything they *removed* from goldstone ground???

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
last game at the good ol' old stadium, most people got some turf, seats etc

did anyone do anything creative with anything they got?? like their seat still being used in their shed or something...

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Got a turnstile in the garden, next to my shed, and wooden seat with brass engrave hanging in she'd, oh did I forget the two 18ft seagulls flag poles too, yes, pretty sad.. Also kept the turf and made a mini stadium with floodlights, oh dear.. Better stop.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said before, we could rebuild the Goldstone in Hove Born and Bred's enormous back garden if we all brought our booty along one sunday, along with some hammers and nails. I can chip in an 8ft x 1.5ft 'North West Terrace' sign, still resplendent in it's gloss blue and white after all these years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Clothes hook from the dressing room in my garage. What's hanging from it? a piece of the north end goal net. A toilet seat from the North Stand loos has never been used again but also rests in my garage! Seats from South Stand are in my loft.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Still got my turf. Can still pick it out-best quality square foot in the garden.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Clothes hook from the dressing room in my garage. What's hanging from it? a piece of the north end goal net. A toilet seat from the North Stand loos has never been used again but also rest in my garage! Seats from South Stand are in my loft.

Haha quality wish I had got more... I was only A little kid at the time, all I got was some turf that I planted in the front garden... Hope the people who now live there never concreted over it!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I still have part of the net from the north stand goal.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My turf has since passed on, My brother may have some subs numbers

D

Deleted member 2719

I have one of the west stand wooden seats, i always had every intention that i was going to be able to show it in full working order to my kids one day (which i now have!), so i made sure i had the metal structure and prised it out of the concrete as carefully as possible.so it would be very close to original. I made a wooden frame up of 2x2 and painted it blue and white, the seat can go up or down. I have it in the corner of our bedroom.

My only regret i should have taken the whole stand!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My seat came complete with active woodworm, so I would be careful of what you have in your loft.

thankfully they are the plastic ones from the front section of the SS. The back part of the SS was the only part of the ground from where I never watched a match - it remains a dark mystery to me. Did anyone on here sit there? What was it like?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
thankfully they are the plastic ones from the front section of the SS. The back part of the SS was the only part of the ground from where I never watched a match - it remains a dark mystery to me. Did anyone on here sit there? What was it like?

I sat there for a the home leg of the Leicester league cup game. It was a relatively odd experience unless the away seats were full in which case it was actually pretty lively.

D

Deleted member 2719

I sat there at least once,probably mid seventies and if my memory serves me there was a wooden divider between the stands which restricted my view as i was quite young.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I had curtain tie backs from the boardroom. They vanished in the last move and I have absolutely no idea what happened to them¡¡:)

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Got a turnstile in the garden, next to my shed, and wooden seat with brass engrave hanging in she'd, oh did I forget the two 18ft seagulls flag poles too, yes, pretty sad.. Also kept the turf and made a mini stadium with floodlights, oh dear.. Better stop.

There's quite a good chance I pissed on your turnstile when I was a kid, blame my Dad who made me support CPFC for that.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
last game at the good ol' old stadium, most people got some turf, seats etc

did anyone do anything creative with anything they got?? like their seat still being used in their shed or something...

My dad got turf and a seat that day. They've got their own brick set-up in the garden still with a plaque. No grass seed has been used on the turf! We believe as long as the turf remains, the Albion we be alright. :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I had a tiny bit of the net from the north stand goal. Long since disappeared though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here