Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

u-21s

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are they all playing? After the last game I saw one journalist say to wait until everyone is back before judging them.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Let's be fair, a lot of people don't rate them that highly. I'd say about 2/3 of them will go on to play for our first team.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Stuart Pearce may have something to do with it. Give peter Taylor the job back

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Losing 2-0 to Norway. Hilarious how people wet themselves about the likes of Butland, Rose, Chalobah, Henderson, Ince, Zaha but put them in an England shirt = utter bollocks. Rather like the senior team.

Apart from Henderson they are all good players, but not great players, we are playing with no striker and the defenders are shit, that's why we are losing

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
They are fckn My bets up, twats, they are useless... Hoddle saying We are passing the ball well??? Worrying people linking him with Brighton if thats his assessment at half time...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Losing 2-0 to Norway. Hilarious how people wet themselves about the likes of Butland, Rose, Chalobah, Henderson, Ince, Zaha but put them in an England shirt = utter bollocks. Rather like the senior team.

It is rather like the senior team- looked good in qualifying but don't turn up at the tournament. I think I heard 9 clean sheets and 11 unbeaten before this!!! Pathetic.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another abject, appalling performance. Team selection very questionable, can't defend. Zaha played like he was being marked by Bridge ;)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Whether Pearce is any good or not it's an almost impossible job to mold the U21's into a team. Apart from the fact that many players who are eligible are never available, the team isn't a team, each match seems to have a different starting line-up. I agree about Peter Taylor, he seemed to have the knack of getting the best out of the players no matter how much the team changed from match to match. If the FA took the U21's more seriously they'd probably do much better.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
But isn't everyone calling for the youngsters to replace the old guard?

Unfortunately, I do not see a better left back than Cole, or a midfielder who regularly scores 20 goals a season to replace Lampard. There is definitely not a centre forward better than an overweight, fading Rooney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here