Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone remember ... Margaret Sanderson?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does anyone remember Margaret?, and/or what became of her?. She was the lady who ran the Club Shop at the Goldstone for many years, back in the 1980's/90's and possibly before that too. She was a real 'doyen' of the Club around that time, and as l remember was involved in many other projects to do with the Club too.

Does anyone remember Margaret?, and/or what became of her?. She was the lady who ran the Club Shop at the Goldstone for many years, back in the 1980's/90's and possibly before that too. She was a real 'doyen' of the Club around that time, and as l remember was involved in many other projects to do with the Club too.

Rings a bell was she involved in the supporters club back then????

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
She was the host of the party in 1990 where John Campbell(according to our subsequent appearance in the High Court) didn't get pissed and slag off members of the first team squad and discuss wages.

Apologies to Beach Hut for harping on about the past, then again getting a writ on my wedding day is probably something that will live with me forever.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was she the lady that had something to do with junior seagulls? Away trips and what not

Edit: guess from the reply above she was then!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Barber had her culled.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
And she used to organise the Junior Seagulls football training in the old church on the south east corner of the Goldstone, used to get a few of the players come down and help too. I one saved a shot from Gary Nelson :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Barber had her culled.

lol long before the Barber days, we were a different club back then. Does anyone know what became of her though?. She wasn't a young lady even then, so l'm even wondering if she is still with us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And she used to organise the Junior Seagulls football training in the old church on the south east corner of the Goldstone, used to get a few of the players come down and help too. I one saved a shot from Gary Nelson :lolol:

My God, once saved a shot from the great Nelse. More than most highly paid professional keepers were able to do. What a claim to fame.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Let us be the judge? Details please Ernest?

I can't remember as I was too pissed. There was a coup from when the Supporters Club was refounded back in 1982 and the social evenings consisted of 'adult entertainment' until Ms Sanderson and partners arrived on the scene and deemed them as not proper and got their cronies onto the committee and the people like myself who had done the hard yards getting things back together were booted off.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I can't remember as I was too pissed. There was a coup from when the Supporters Club was refounded back in 1982 and the social evenings consisted of 'adult entertainment' until Ms Sanderson and partners arrived on the scene and deemed them as not proper and got their cronies onto the committee and the people like myself who had done the hard yards getting things back together were booted off.

By "adult entertainment" do you mean strippers and an un pc comic? A sad facet of our society is that these kinds of functions are now consigned to history. I was telling my lad about when I worked in London and their was a 'lady' on the circuit called Sheila Blige, very big on the lunchtime circuit, used to do a trick involving picking up 50p pieces from the corners of tables using great muscular control.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here