Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silly season

Who would you rather

• Immediate manager in place end of season...Michael Appleton

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Premiership experience and gets his team passing to each other...Roberto DiMatteo

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Lots of comments about how people want our current manager situation resolved but I put this question to you if we had sacked Gus 3 weeks ago would you rather that Tony Bloom appointed the first person to apply maybe Michael Appleton or that he waited it out for 6 weeks and got Roberto DiMateo

Poll to follow

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think this will probably be the most one sided poll ever. This is why I would like to fast forward to the start of the season when we have the manager situation sorted, hopefully some new players and can get on with watching football.

Pre season is always ridiculous (I remember a 70/80 page thread last year when Kuszczak was signing/not signing/and then finally signing) but with the manager situation, it is even worst than usual.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I know, it should be one sided when people take time to think about it but the number of comments suggesting they'd rather have any manager then a bit of uncertainty seems crazy.

Gus has brought us some fantastic passing football and a team who are hard to beat, if it wasn't for 6 weeks of endless draws we would have gone up.

I'd be very happy for this investigation to carry on for another 3 weeks if it ment that we keep Gus and continue on the previous 3 1/2 years of progress

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know, it should be one sided when people take time to think about it but the number of comments suggesting they'd rather have any manager then a bit of uncertainty seems crazy.

Gus has brought us some fantastic passing football and a team who are hard to beat, if it wasn't for 6 weeks of endless draws we would have gone up.

I'd be very happy for this investigation to carry on for another 3 weeks if it ment that we keep Gus and continue on the previous 3 1/2 years of progress

What about an option for - the club should have dealt with Gus much more quickly even if that meant sacking him ? That way, even with no manager, we'd know the club were looking for a new one. As it stands we might have a manager or we might not - it's past a joke now !

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
This poll is like a choice between having your gonads chopped off or a fortnight in Marbs with a rampant Holly Willabooby.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What about an option for - the club should have dealt with Gus much more quickly even if that meant sacking him ? That way, even with no manager, we'd know the club were looking for a new one. As it stands we might have a manager or we might not - it's past a joke now !
if they sack him they would have to give a reason

This poll is like a choice between having your gonads chopped off or a fortnight in Marbs with a rampant Holly Willabooby.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Stupid poll cannot vote.

I mean speculating that we would have to have Appleton type manager is crazy.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

This is my point...the club could have over reacted and sacked him straight away and we could have just signed any manager so people like yourself would be happy....or we could deal with the situation accordingly and keep hold of a decent manager

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The purpose of the poll is to highlight how stupid people's comments of "Bloom should've sorted it out ages ago"

I was expecting everyone to vote for a bit of class over a crazy rash decision just to keep a few JCL's happy

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

But the results still involve a lot of pain,the latter would leave them battered and bruised for sure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

What an oddly appropriate comparison. I'm not particularly attracted to Holly, and neither am I that excited by the idea of dimatteo. 3rd in league one, getting a relegated premier league team promoted back to the premier league, turned down by birmingham, reluctantly hired to wrangle a farm full of world class players managing their worst league finish for 10 years. Sure, he got them the champions league, but it was hardly because of his tactical nous. So it's the choice of something unpleasant, or, something that other people will tell me I should be over the moon about but I just can't bring myself to be all that excited about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here