Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are a part of the romance of football

Feb 14, 2010
Some of us oldies will remember Wimbledon reaching the top flight, then Wigan and now, although its palace, they have to be included in that. Small clubs that rely on free tickets and 12000 to 15000 through the door unless a big club rolls into town really are a great story.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Some of us oldies will remember Wimbledon reaching the top flight, then Wigan and now, although its palace, they have to be included in that. Small clubs that rely on free tickets and 12000 to 15000 through the door unless a big club rolls into town really are a great story.

Little clubs tend to roll around the lower leagues,
We know nothing of this BHA are experts at little league football ,I'd much rather have our 15,000 hardcore than your pathetic attempt at getting behind your team at the Amex against us in the playoffs.
Watch it again if its not to painful you can only hear Palace and a few clackers buzzing away in the back ground.
Intimidating?
What do you think?
Did you leave early like the other 15,000.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We know nothing of this BHA are experts at little league football ,I'd much rather have our 15,000 hardcore than your pathetic attempt at getting behind your team at the Amex against us in the playoffs.
Watch it again if its not to painful you can only hear Palace and a few clackers buzzing away in the back ground.
Intimidating?
What do you think?
rubbish. The atmosphere was incredible till you scored and infinitely better than at Selhurst. Not that it counts for much.

Edit: and no I bloody won't be watching it again thank you very much.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Intimidating?
What do you think?

You sad little man have you got nothing else better to do than come on here, stick to your own little club. By the way are you going to the Palace come and meet The Fan evening. Go back to bed mate.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What do you think?

I think you do yourselves a dis-service. Had you not screwed your creditors, TWICE, to remain in a league position earned by deception, you would probably not exist as you do now and most likely would be floundering in non-league football. The sad thing is-you Palace w@nkstains are actually proud of the way your club handled its finances and continue to gloat as though it is the accepted way of doing business.

What do you think?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd hardly count Palace who've bobbed up and down the 1st/2nd tier for the past 20 years along side Wimbledon and the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Swansea. if you're looking for "romance of football" why not highlight Cardiff who've dwelled in tiers 3 and 4 for most that past two decades and the 2nd before that?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Romance ? Don't you mean a comedy ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think you do yourselves a dis-service. Had you not screwed your creditors, TWICE, to remain in a league position earned by deception, you would probably not exist as you do now and most likely would be floundering in non-league football. The sad thing is-you Palace w@nkstains are actually proud of the way your club handled its finances and continue to gloat as though it is the accepted way of doing business.

What do you think?

You will never get any sort of answer to that question from Sainsbury's. I've asked him and others the same thing. Deafening silence.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
rubbish. The atmosphere was incredible till you scored and infinitely better than at Selhurst. Not that it counts for much.

Edit: and no I bloody won't be watching it again thank you very much.

Yes, those clapper fans really did create some buzz.

Banned
May 19, 2013
You will never get any sort of answer to that question from Sainsbury's. I've asked him and others the same thing. Deafening silence.

I'd be happy to discuss either administration, and indeed football administration in general, but it's very difficult to do with BHAFC fans. While I appreciate that this is a generalisation, in the main you don't actually seem interested in discussing administration at all, but rather some fantasy scenario that you prefer to cling to in a desperate attempt to make yourselves feel better.

I doubt you'll find any fans who approve of Goldbergs near destruction of the club, or even Jordan's mistakes (though I do have some sympathy for him given what happened with ITV digital). It's simply that when faced with a fan with no genuine interest in what happened, and whose only desire is to invent a false version of events to make themselves feel better, it's normally not worth engaging.

I'm sure you have the same with Palace fans who take no effort to understand the circumstances over you losing your ground.

I'd be happy to discuss either administration, and indeed football administration in general, but it's very difficult to do with BHAFC fans. While I appreciate that this is a generalisation, in the main you don't actually seem interested in discussing administration at all, but rather some fantasy scenario that you prefer to cling to in a desperate attempt to make yourselves feel better.

I doubt you'll find any fans who approve of Goldbergs near destruction of the club, or even Jordan's mistakes (though I do have some sympathy for him given what happened with ITV digital). It's simply that when faced with a fan with no genuine interest in what happened, and whose only desire is to invent a false version of events to make themselves feel better, it's normally not worth engaging.

I'm sure you have the same with Palace fans who take no effort to understand the circumstances over you losing your ground.

Stolen from us by a crook whose only interest was making himself money would be more accurate, but I take your point.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Nice one WCP
The only thing missing is administrations, Brighton are too big for the championship, and Hereford away.
Try to get to a game next season :wink:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I refuse to read any more of this new palarse fans forum----------DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY DIALOGUE with the trolls------they are just on a wind up.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Yes, those clapper fans really did create some buzz.

So much so Poyet mentioned them afterwards ,the clubs in meltdown how quickly things can change in football.
2 weeks before the playoffs we were chasing our tails and fearing ballsing up our season the rest is into the history books.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Got to say - this is pathetic. Palace beat us fair and square - take it on the chin and congratulate them as you should. And they are a similar sized club to us with similar sized latent support. All the more commendable considering they have some of the biggest Prermiership teams half an hour away and Charlton and Millwall to compete with for fanslocally. If Palace built a new stadium like ours either in Selhurst/Norwood or up the road in Crystal Palace they would be getting EXACTLY the same sized crowds.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I refuse to read any more of this new palarse fans forum----------DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY DIALOGUE with the trolls------they are just on a wind up.

There is an ignore function, so you don't have to read or respond to any poster who you don't want to. That said, merely being a fan of another club doesn't make someone a troll, or on a windup. We each have our fair share of people unable to engage in discussion, but equally we each have people able to.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nice one WCP
The only thing missing is administrations, Brighton are too big for the championship, and Hereford away.
Try to get to a game next season :wink:

I think he's also the author of the "Bigger Fish To Fry" thread and the one with a bee in his bonnet about the Charity Shield 1910 being something to boast about in 2013.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here