Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toy - Band

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Loving this band at the moment. Anyone else?

I am hoping to go and see them in Melbourne in a couple of weeks. Anyone seen they Live?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They are a great band. Their album was in my top ten for 2012.
If you enjoy their stuff then check out Charlie Boyer and The Voyeurs.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Lose My Way was in my Top Tracks of 2012 list. I find they're one of those bands that don't sound too good in the car - you need a nice clear environment and a load of volume so you can lose yourself in the sound.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Have seen them loads, they are excellent. First time was at the Corn Exchange at last year's Great Escape - when they were absolutely on fire. They've supported British Sea Power a few times and were superb at Field Day the other week too. If you haven't already got it, buy their album from last year - probably my favourite album of 2012. I think they are from Brighton, incidentally (or at least the singer is - he's the brother of Rose Dougall, who used to be in the Pipettes).

Corgi is right, Charlie Boyer and the Voyeurs (who have supported Toy at a few gigs) are also worth checking out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have seen them loads, they are excellent. First time was at the Corn Exchange at last year's Great Escape - when they were absolutely on fire. They've supported British Sea Power a few times and were superb at Field Day the other week too. If you haven't already got it, buy their album from last year - probably my favourite album of 2012. I think they are from Brighton, incidentally (or at least the singer is - he's the brother of Rose Dougall, who used to be in the Pipettes).

Corgi is right, Charlie Boyer and the Voyeurs (who have supported Toy at a few gigs) are also worth checking out.

Thanks for that, I am struggling to find a download of their album over here without using itunes. I will get their CD at the gig if not before and will check out the other bands tomorrow.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Hello Kevo. I did not realise there was a Brighton link and that it was Pipettes related. I may be wrong but one of the members of Toy was part of Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong, who were also pretty good despite the name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here