Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge aims to build on "quite a good season" [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridge aims to build on "quite a good season"[/h] 9:00am Saturday 8th June 2013 in Albion
2484563.jpg
Wayne Bridge
Wayne Bridge wants to build on “quite a good season” with Albion after teaming up with one of their Championship rivals.
The former England left-back signed a one-year deal at the Madejski Stadium yesterday, despite very public interest from QPR manager Harry Redknapp.
Bridge helped the Seagulls into the play-offs last term when playing on loan from Manchester City, who paid the vast majority of his reported £90,000-per-week wages.
He has signed for Reading – who earned £40million in prize and TV money in the top flight last season and will now receive parachute payments – as a free agent after his deal at City expired.
Bridge highlighted the part Albion played in getting him back into the public eye after being left in the shadows by City.
He said: “For me, last season was about getting back to playing.
“I know everyone says it (the Championship) is a tough league to play in and it definitely is, playing two games a week a lot of the time. But it’s something I really enjoyed.
“It was quite a good season so hopefully I can progress on that and do well for Reading.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here