Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Tony. Please kill off the rumours! (open letter)

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Dear Tony.
I go onto Northstand/Argus every day of the week in the hope that there will be some news, and every day I feel a little more worried that something awful is going to come out and that you are hiding something from us. I love my Albion as I am sure you do, so you understand that this is just purgatory for the loyal supporters of this great club and that we need some answers and a little bit of hope so we can sleep at night!
Please Tony just show us some respect and tell us something, anything but please don't keep this silence going, it's killing us.

From a very Anxious Fan

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Dear Cornish Seagull,

Find something else to occupy your life other than the Albion in the close season. I'll get back to you.

Yours
Tony

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Dear Cornish Seagull,

Find something else to occupy your life other than the Albion in the close season. I'll get back to you.

Yours
Tony

All okay Kumquat until such times as Cornish Seagull and the rest of us decide not to put our hands in our pockets until this farce finally sorts itself out.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Dear Lenny Rider,

I think i'll cope with you not putting your hands in your pockets during the close season. Either you're a season ticket holder in which case you're already signed up or you're not, in which case i'm sure we'll se you back when everything is sorted out. I'll tell you when.

Yours,
Tny

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dear Tony,

Can we have a bouncy castle at the Amex too please? As it seems all our fans are SEVEN YEARS OLD.

Cheers,

Some needy twit.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Dear Lenny Rider,

I think i'll cope with you not putting your hands in your pockets during the close season. Either you're a season ticket holder in which case you're already signed up or you're not, in which case i'm sure we'll se you back when everything is sorted out. I'll tell you when.

Yours,
Tny

Dear Kumquat,

Season ticket holder for nearly 25 years, currently 2 1901 east tickets, like thousands of others have paid enough in, whilst I understand that not evertything doesn't always run smoothly can't work out why this farce is still ongoing. Sooner or later the paying public will vote with their feet as has previously happened over the years

Up the Albion

Lenny x

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Dear Kumquat,

Season ticket holder for nearly 25 years, currently 2 1901 east tickets, like thousands of others have paid enough in, whilst I understand that not evertything doesn't always run smoothly can't work out why this farce is still ongoing. Sooner or later the paying public will vote with their feet as has previously happened over the years

Up the Albion

Lenny x

History has a habit of repeating itself! just hope it's not now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What rumours ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
History has a habit of repeating itself! just hope it's not now.

I heard the Amex has been sold off and Lancing is all a ploy and they are building a 8000 seater sports stadium for us instead

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like our chairman. In tricky business he keeps his cards close to his chest. Name me a successful club whose chairman 'emotes'?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I heard the Amex has been sold off and Lancing is all a ploy and they are building a 8000 seater sports stadium for us instead

Were you joking when you said that?

Or did you know that our development squad are being entered into the league pyramid? To get more competitive games, and in front of a smaller but still passionate crowd. It was a wish from Gus, whether it will happen remains to be seen but he wanted "a Withdean" like beginning for our players in league football, rather than a day out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Were you joking when you said that?

Or did you know that our development squad are being entered into the league pyramid? To get more competitive games, and in front of a smaller but still passionate crowd. It was a wish from Gus, whether it will happen remains to be seen but he wanted "a Withdean" like beginning for our players in league football, rather than a day out.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A very senior post in an industry sense, the most important in a footballing sense.

Would have fully expected this have to have been sorted by now.

Not looking terribly professional from here, if it goes beyond next week club is looking very very silly.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
At a guess I estimate spending about £2500 following the Albion last year. I expect TB, although possibly feeling a little for us fans, is thinking 'my ball, my rules'? I would be if I had ploughed £140 in let alone £140mil or whatever!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do people think we should jeopardise breaking employment to keep a few fans who have nothing better to do?

I bet those moaning are the ones that gossip when something like this happens at their work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have complete faith in tony and co. but there comes a time where something should start to happen
When was the last time Tony kept everyone involved in his day to day running of the club?
Just name one situation, one deal, one transfer, one contract, anything, that Tony played out through the media?

WE WILL BE TOLD WHEN WE NEED TO BE TOLD. WE the people who haven't invested £150m+ DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD ANYTHING.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Find the patience to have faith peeps.

Tony has invested 150+ million as chairman and goodness knows how much before that to help keep the club afloat when we were in dire straights.

Tony is not going to allow everything to go tits up now.

We've come a long, long way together - thru the bad times and the good !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here