Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If things don't get resolved before the start of the season...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I'm fairly sure that legally we can't appoint a proper stand in manager while Gus remains suspended.
With no Tanno or Charlie, that leaves, er, Development Squad Coach, Luke Williams. No offence to Luke but he is just a tad unproven.
Concerned?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm glad you've started this thread because i'm pretty sure until then, Tony hadn't considered this. And with you being "fairly sure", God alone knows what he is.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I'm glad you've started this thread because i'm pretty sure until then, Tony hadn't considered this. And with you being "fairly sure", God alone knows what he is.

Just wondering, very worse case scenario, who will step up?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we haven't resolved it by December, who is going to take the players on the visit to the kids' hospital?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I really can't see this happening. However, if it does, surely Luke Williams who coaches the Development Squad is preferable to take charge of the team than Calde, who is a player. He may become a great coach/manager but as far as I know he hasn't coached. Surely an actual coach would be better.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, no he is right. The new season will soon be here.

Does Hinchlewood still work for the club?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Just wondering, very worse case scenario, who will step up?

We'll be inundated for ****s sake. Will you and all the other doom merchants get a ****ing grip for ****s sake? If this was three years ago, it would be different, and people were queuing up for the job then!! The likely scenario is Gus will stay, in the short term at least. If he doesn't then we'll have plenty of decent options. Am I really the only one not in the least bit worried?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, no he is right. The new season will soon be here.

Does Hinchlewood still work for the club?

Only if we can get booker back as well. The two of them together are, statistically speaking, our best managers ever. 100% win rate.

Hinshelwood on his own is the worst and second worst manager, statistically speaking (0% win rate, and 14% win rate). Booker on his own is 11th, Booker and White are 20th.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Tony bloom to pick the team , buy the team, wash the kit and put clappers on the seats.

No worries

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
We'll be inundated for ****s sake. Will you and all the other doom merchants get a ****ing grip for ****s sake? If this was three years ago, it would be different, and people were queuing up for the job then!! The likely scenario is Gus will stay, in the short term at least. If he doesn't then we'll have plenty of decent options. Am I really the only one not in the least bit worried?

Not sure you understand, you cannot employ somebody into a post that somebody else is employed in already. If Gus is still in place albeit suspended, we cannot just simply get Redknapp in. I think it may be unlawful. Imagine if you had been suspended from your job. You would be pissed if your employer got a replacement in to do your duties would you not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here