[Official Site] Perry Named Outstanding Brightonian

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
martin-perry-lead229-858297_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
17:27 7th June 2013
by Will Jago
Albion executive director Martin Perry was voted ‘Outstanding Brightonian’, and the American Express Community Stadium named the ‘Best Place to Visit’, at last night’s Brighton and Hove Business Awards.
The event was hosted at The Palace Pier where Perry won the headline award after more than 16 years commitment to the club through thick and thin. During that time he was instrumental in the delivery of the Amex Stadium and currently the club’s new training ground.
The former chief executive told seagulls.co.uk, “I had absolutely no idea that I was up for the Outstanding Brightonian award this year; it was a complete surprise but I am delighted to receive this award in recognition of my time with the Albion.
“But I accept this award on behalf of a lot of people. We have had an exceptional group of people working together throughout the years to deliver the stadium, which includes many club staff, directors, chairman and of course our very loyal supporters.
“It was also a privilege to receive the award for the American Express Community Stadium which was voted the Best Place to Visit in Brighton. It’s been an extraordinarily long road to get to where we are today but that means there is also a great sense of achievement for myself and everyone who helped to ensure the stadium was built and is now an established venue in the south coast of England.”
The ‘Best Place to Visit’ award is yet more recognition for Albion’s stunning home, which fought off competition from iconic Brighton venues including The Palace Pier and Brighton Marina for the award.
The gala ceremony was attended by more than 300 business representatives from across the city.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here