Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sort out this mess with gus,already costing albion big time

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
sort out this issue with gus,going to cost albion big time.we have lost out on wayne bridge who has now gone to reading(gutted),upsom is there to be signed on a free,and there is talk of david lopez going to forest.can you really see anyone wanting to join with this all going on.we should be getting ready for another great season but i'm starting to think its going to go pear shaped if this is not sorted and fast

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where do you suggest the £2m to get rid of Gus 'comes from' ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Well Bridge going to Reading was all about money and not the manager situation

It is possible that GP was told we wouldn't be able to match Bridge's wage expectations prior to the play offs and this is what prompted the ceiling rant.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The positive about Bridge going to Reading without Gus being able to say anything is we were spared the normal 'Our budget is sooo poor i can't even keep Bridgy who loves it here, I am so hard done by. :tantrum:'

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Something tells me Bridge was always going to go. £9k/week to stay loyal to a club you've been at for one year really is an absurd career move, whomever the manager is. No hard feelings from me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
has someone told you we are "getting rid of Gus" then

No. Or we resolve the situation, but that can be a long and difficult process, so we all just need patience.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No. Or we resolve the situation, but that can be a long and difficult process, so we all just need patience.

what you meant then was if "we are getting rid of Gus" then
OK

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
a massive court case doesn't take as long as this.......just pay gus off with a discount, kick him out, and lets get going again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
a massive court case doesn't take as long as this.......just pay gus off with a discount, kick him out, and lets get going again.

I don't think we have to pay him off in one go. Just put him on golfing leave and pay his normal wage until someone pays up the compensation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't think we have to pay him off in one go. Just put him on golfing leave and pay his normal wage until someone pays up the compensation.

That is the way to do it, if he was to 'go'. It's understandable that fans are getting edgy. It is only 3 weeks to preseason now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
How many massive court cases are you aware of that have completed in three weeks then? Not disputing that there should be resolution asap (and I had expected it by now) but the period since the playoffs is miniscule in the overall scheme of things.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've just found out about this luscious new club called Crystal Palace where you can get a season ticket and watch teams like the Arsenal, Welbeck and the boys when United come down, Lamps with Chelsea, and the legend that is G. Bale with the mighty Spurs!! Me and my mates have bought 4,000 season tickets between us, although we're prob not going to bother going to the games when they're playing teams we don't know like Hull or Cardiff, or the sh*t teams like Norwich, Fulham or Stoke.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
sort out this issue with gus,going to cost albion big time.we have lost out on wayne bridge who has now gone to reading(gutted),upsom is there to be signed on a free,and there is talk of david lopez going to forest.can you really see anyone wanting to join with this all going on.we should be getting ready for another great season but i'm starting to think its going to go pear shaped if this is not sorted and fast

So Lopez would rather go to Forest to play for their manager rather than take a chance at the Albion hoping to be playing for a better manager. I think I know which choice I would make if they were the 2 options

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've just found out about this luscious new club called Crystal Palace where you can get a season ticket and watch teams like the Arsenal, Welbeck and the boys when United come down, Lamps with Chelsea, and the legend that is G. Bale with the mighty Spurs!! Me and my mates have bought 4,000 season tickets between us, although we're prob not going to bother going to the games when they're playing teams we don't know like Hull or Cardiff, or the sh*t teams like Norwich, Fulham or Stoke.

You've wasted your money buying ST's. You can tickets buy one get one free for most games!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here