Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will poyet be our manager still in the dug out for the first game of next season

will gus poyet be in our dugout as manager first game off the new season

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I predict a 90% No or Not sure in this poll

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I like what he has achieved with the club and despite his moaning about budgets feel he may have taken us further, but after what has happened can't really see a way he can stay at the club without someone else very senior in the hierarchy leaving.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I simply can't see how 3 men who have all been put on gardening leave for the best part of a month for alleged breach of contract can ever be reinstated, or what Gus would say to the players he'd previously told "I'm likely to be off and I can't do the retained contract chat with you".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Has a suspension/legal dispute between a manager and a club ever taken this long before? Any examples?

I couldn't find an example. I do take issue with the patronising tone taken by a few on here, as if no-one lives in the real world and doesn't understand how suspension works.

I'd say this is unprecedented or at least highly unusual for a company within the professional football industry.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Was no just after suspensions but now not sure due to time. Seems to me like a very long time to be dealing with disciplinary matters relating to key company employees, with delays which are potentially damaging to the organisation.

Last edited:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Suspensions in the workplace can take this amount of time to process. It is unusual within the sports industry but the timeframe is not unusual. Some supporters seem unable to differentiate between suspension and dismissal. Gus is still an employee of Brighton and Hove Albion and after the process is complete there is a very real chance that he still will be. It is possible that he and Tony are discussing it like adults rather than the power struggle that many are painting without any evidence.
Be patient and the club will let us know when it is resolved. Just because we haven't heard anything that doesn't mean nothing is happening. Tony Bloom has never given us any cause not to trust him.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could be a headline writer for the Argus this boy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Remember the 'No Speculation' rule.

This isn't the place for unsubstantiated claims to 'know something'.

Who on this thread has made any such claim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here