Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mark by the sea on the argus

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus's options are now very limited if he wants better than he had. A sabbatical until September /October when some lower Premier League team might take a gamble on him, after sacking their manager, is looking the most likely scenario imo. Whether we'll be paying him or him paying us in the meantime is yet to be decided...

Either the club or Gus are going to have to do some serious humble pie eating in the very unlikely event he stays.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The bloke down the pub who has sauces says Gus is going.
The bloke in the paper says Gus is staying
The bloke on the NSC says Gus is going
The bloke on Twitter says Gus is staying

Did i forget anyone?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The longer this goes on, the more I think that it will result in Gus et al staying. The delay may well be due to budgets and exact responsibilities/job roles being thrashed out. No inside info, just a hunch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Did i forget anyone?

yep me
and I know nothing :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Did i forget anyone?

Yes you did,

Ed Milliband was unsure, he said he was staying last week and then did a major U turn
David Cameron is unsure

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus's options are now very limited if he wants better than he had. A sabbatical until September /October when some lower Premier League team might take a gamble on him, after sacking their manager, is looking the most likely scenario imo. Whether we'll be paying him or him paying us in the meantime is yet to be decided...

Either the club or Gus are going to have to do some serious humble pie eating in the very unlikely event he stays.

Not sure that having a Manager who doesn't really want to be the Manager is even worse than having no Manager at all

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that having a Manager who doesn't really want to be the Manager is even worse than having no Manager at all

I am assuming that we will be legally allowed to appoint a temporary caretaker manager if this goes on into pre-season? We'll still need to pay Gus and the others too though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His destiny is being discussed at the Bilderberg Conference as we speak. It's in Watford. Zola is in Watford. Coincidence?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well my Nan says that he is definitely going. (she has been dead for twenty years so may be a little muddled.)

What does Paul the Octopus think?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Longer it goes the more I think he might be staying. Not sure that is for the best, he doesnt want to be here and the board dont seem keen either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Longer it goes the more I think he might be staying. Not sure that is for the best, he doesnt want to be here and the board dont seem keen either.

On what grounds do you say that?... but don't answer that, because we are not suppose to speculate. We don't know what Gus or the Board want!

Edit: Should have read the next post from Lord B, whch says what I was trying to say but with more authority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here