Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly Reminder

Well, after the play offs a few Brighton fans on twitter and NSC have been feeling down so I would just like to remind you all a few things.

1) Our main objective was to finish 6th. We finished 4th. :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:
2) The chairman is 100% for the Albion and is a fan so Brighton have a good future ahead.
3) The academy will soon produce players.
4) We were only 4 points of automatics and with an Ulloa and a few more players next season we might go up.
5) Palace will go down next season. Who knows the might do a Wolves.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How do you define soon in part 3, it will be a least a decade before we see the first bhafc acadamy grown player making a first team debut

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. We don't have a manager
2. We don't have an assistant manager
3. We don't have a first team coach
4. We don't have a left back

But yeah, not absolutely everything is totally awful, very true. Fun game, this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No offence to this particular poster, I'm sure he doesn't mean anything by it.

But why do NSC newbies come on here with threads like this.
Over 90% of this genre are from nsc-jcls. :shrug:

What the google does it prove?
What's the googling point?

Oh and for the record point 3 is codswallop.
The fact it's a nice new training facility doesn't automatically mean we'll be popping out yoof players, like half of Jeremy Kyle's guests can pop out different coloured sprogs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The team/squad is already considerably weaker than the one that finished 4th with the departure of Bridge

As potentially is the management of the team.

If Gus stays I will be more confident about improving on 4th than if he goes.

The Palace defeat hurt but I didn't come away from the match thinking the club is going backwards. I was very much certain that we would continue forwards next season.

However the events in recent weeks have made me question that.

Last edited:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011

The fact it's a nice new training facility doesn't automatically mean we'll be popping out yoof players, like half of Jeremy Kyle's guests can pop out different coloured sprogs.

I've often often wondered how people get to 16,000 posts...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

It proves that he's an optimist and probably a person who's nice to know.

What does your post prove about you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What does your post prove about you?
I came in from work tired and grumpy.
Plus talk of the foregone conclusion that is Monk's Farm being the saviour of the Albion, is beginning to really pi$$ me off.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I came in from work tired and grumpy.
Plus talk of the foregone conclusion that is Monk's Farm being the saviour of the Albion, is beginning to really pi$$ me off.

You would have to agree that there is a pretty strong link between having a good, high quality academy to a better class of yuff players that can either be sold for ££££'s or play with the big boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a follow up Stat, the OP is just expressing his views, it wouldnt matter if the OP had 10, 100, 1000 or 10000 posts; it is still the OPs view.
Which obviously is 100% correct.

It's not the views or expression therein, it's the format that is so predictable.

Maybe I'm the only one that notices and it caught me on a bad day.
Perhaps it's fulfilling the 'justification' to post further, which clearly is wrong and unnecessary, and it gets on my boobies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would have to agree that there is a pretty strong link between having a good, high quality academy to a better class of yuff players that can either be sold for ££££'s or play with the big boys.
Brighton's yoof set up has never developed anyone above championship level, and even they are few and far between, Villa did the work with Barry.

For all but the last few of those years, Brighton has had the biggest catchment area in the country and laws governing the distance yoof can travel.

You can spend all the money you like, Millennium Dome but if you're not going to use it properly it'll never be the O2.

The training facility will go someway to encourage 'stars' to play @ The Albion, and foreign lads unable to get in at Premier League, but it is not a foregone conclusion that the facility will bring success just because it's there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here