Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giffgaff problems

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are any of the other NSC giffgaffers having trouble with the service.

I'm currently getting nothing for long periods of time, and then it leaping back into life for no apparent reason.

Fingers crossed it's g/g and not my phone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All good here.

Maybe it's an O2 problem in your area. Check both the giffgaff and O2 service status pages.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm currently getting nothing for long periods of time, and then it leaping back into life for no apparent reason.

You got it on an iPhone SB?

I saw something like this on the communities page where sometimes you need to switch off automatic carrier, pick vodafone or whatever, come out of settings, then go back into settings and reselect O2.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Fine in lancing, one thing I have noticed happening a bit recently though is I might lose my 3G signal, but if I switch off and back on it comes back! No biggie...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
O2 down in Haywards Heath

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I've been with GG for about 18 months now and every week there's one problem or another.
Best way to check if it's phone or signal is to switch 'Airplane Mode' on/off and it should spring back into life.
If not, most probably network issues.

I'm considering switching to Virgin VIP pack. Everything unlimited for £15.00 p/m (better signal in my area).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll try that.

I've got a Nokia 610 (assuming that the lil bro to their new I-phone challenger).

I've had it & Giffgaff for x amount of months, maybe a year and the whole thing has been brill.

This is my first problem so I'm unsure as to how to fix it, or even where the problem is.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Mine has been poor for about a week now over by Hove Park. I'm thinking there must be a problem with a mast as my reception in the house has gone from excellent to unusable. I get a couple of bars signal then every 20 seconds or so it shows no service then it's back again.

Hope it gets fixed soon as GG has been excellent up until recently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess if I whisper this, it's not the same as typing:-

I've turned it off and on again, and seems to be fine, now :facepalm:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I changed over to GiffGaff about a week ago and since then there have been problems with calls and/or texts most of the time.

Beginning to think I might have made a mistake and that this was why their deal was so good, but people have previously commented on how good GiffGaff are.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here