Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stone Roses

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Anyone else going to see them at Finsbury Park tomorrow ? cant wait and with it being even hotter tomorrow as well going to be a scorcher :rave:

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
ahh you lucky bugger

saw them on the first night at heaton park last year which was amazing but no sun

fri deffo the day to see em as well, much better support acts

enjoy!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I never saw them ever despite them being one of my favourite bands - enjoy it. Hope they go easy on the Second Coming tracks....

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Got 2 tickets for Saturday, not able to go as tore my calf muscle this morning and on crutches! Its true...£200 on collection from Chailey.???

Dandyman

In London village.
Going on Saturday - it's a 20 minute walk from my house, which is nice.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A mate of mine is going. We both saw them at the V Festival last summer, they were amazing. Enjoy! Noel Gallagher was supporting last year which was great. Gather it's Dizzee Rascal and Courteneers tomorrow. Not quite the same. The hilglight was the 15 minute Fool's Gold mash when we saw them. They looked old, but on top of their game still.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Went to the Spike Island gig in the early 90s. Gary Clail's On U Sound System (Human Nature) supported and were canned off the stage by angry Mancs!

All those years that Squire said they'd never reform, made to look a liar. Only Marr has retained his dignity.

Dreadful gig (no idea why it achieved legendary status) terrible live; Don't Believe the Hype...Public Enemy-now there's a band who know how to play live!

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Went to the Spike Island gig in the early 90s. Gary Clail's On U Sound System (Human Nature) supported and were canned off the stage by angry Mancs!

All those years that Squire said they'd never reform, made to look a liar. Only Marr has retained his dignity.

Dreadful gig (no idea why it achieved legendary status) terrible live; Don't Believe the Hype...Public Enemy-now there's a band who know how to play live!

Saw them in Melbourne and Sydney earlier this year and they most certainly were not terrible live. The second half of the Mebourne gig was THE best live music i have ever heard, they were in the true sense of the word awesome. It is a bit daft to right off a notoriously patchy live band based on one performance.

You could say Squire was a liar or you could say he changed his mind, hardly undignified.

If you are not a fan maybe this thread is not for you.

Jimmy Grimble

Seeing them on Saturday, can't wait. They were pretty good in Manchester last year, so if it's anything like that again I'll be happy. Although I imagine the substances I'll be enjoying will make me happy regardless.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
You on the beans mr grimble? I tell thee they saved me at Heaton park coz the bars were a fookin joke

Jimmy Grimble

The bars at Heaton park are part of the reason I've decided to take a slightly different route this time!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads

And Weller for his stubborn refusal to reform a band bigger than both Manc bands.

Agree about the Spike Island gig. A fantastic day out, but the sound system was appaliing, and the Roses were barely audible

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I am going on the Saturday and cannot wait...I was at Heaton Park last year and loved it as they are my favourite band.

Despite the many reports of them being dodgy live the first time round, since their reformation they have been a blinding live act and were incredible at Heaton Park plus the YouTube footage has been good.

Saturday should be excellent...

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Anyone else going to see them at Finsbury Park tomorrow ? cant wait and with it being even hotter tomorrow as well going to be a scorcher :rave:

Saw them in Feb in Auckland, they were fantastic, even after all these years - have a good one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here