Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you enjoy last season?

How was last season for you

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With all that's gone on since the last game of the season has it taken the shine or dulled the memory of what to me has been a fantastic season. I did not expect 4th place pre-season although I HOPED for promotion either straight up or through the play offs.

Has the last three weeks soured it for you?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No, it doesn't change what went before.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Enjoy it - Very much so.

The league campaign was great, just a disappointing playoff tournament at the end.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A great season. Enjoyed away trips especially Cardiff, Birmingham and Forest.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Absolutely bloody loved it. Can't wait to get back there, regardless of what players and manager we have. Brighton and Hove Albion have been through much, much worse times than this.

We finished 4th FFS!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Seeing us fourth in the table at the end of the season is amazing, but there were quite a few slip-ups on the way and, obviously, at the end. However, i never want to see a perfect season - as long as we have something better to aim at, i have something to keep me enthralled, even though it may be painful at times.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Loved it. Every home game and finally escaped to see more away games than I've managed for donkey's years.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The fact that it was a great season goes without saying but I can't shake off the final outcome. Losing to Palace was bad. Losing to Palace to extinguish our promotion hopes was horrible. Gus seemingly throwing his toys out of the pram within minutes of the defeat was awful and then Palace going and getting themselves promoted just seemed to downgrade our best season in 30 years.

In conclusion, the playoffs were the footballing equivalent of finding a flaming bag of poop on your doorstep at the end of a lovely day.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We were placed higher than I expected. I was constantly surprised by results from this most competitive of leagues and having got over the initial disappointment am looking forward to more of the same this season. I think I'd have been dreading a regular thumping each week had we gone up!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I couldn't give much of a rat's winkle over the Palace result. A briefly hurtful end, but one can take defeat even to arch nemeses as there'll always be another round to come. I thought it a fantastic season with some mostly nonstop excellence by a squad that seemed to double in quality from the one the year before. Such class I have never witnessed. My blues purely stem from the disappearance of the main man that made it so. For me, without an imaginable future with a wacky blabbermouthing puppetmaster at the helm, the past has slightly been replaced by this currently interminable cloud of uncertainty that deletes reminiscence and dulls platinum-laced memories. When this black spell passes I'll tie the extraordinary gone with the mindblowingly spectacular to follow though
In direct response to the question about the season itself, it was ruddy first rate and I'll fully rejoice it again with pride soon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We improved on the season before and nearly made it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yeah, enjoyed it. Weird feeling though, I think I'd've rather finished 7th than lost to Palace in the play offs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just remember the post-Wolves-match disk-jockeying in the North Stand, everybody buzzing and smiling and thinking what a fantastic time and place to be. That was the high point for me and it felt like Summer. That's how I'll mainly remember the season, with a smile. The play-off second leg and all the shitty aftermath just seems like a hideous aberration that had nothing to do with the season that went before it. IMHO, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here