Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA flight - check in help please.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I'm flying to the USA on Saturday, and not being a regular flyer (and not being able to see the info on the web) can someone let me know if i am right in thinking that all BA flights to the US go from Heathrow terminal 5, and that i have to check in 3 hours before take off?

Thanks,

Rob.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remember when you get to t'other end, the US customs officers love a good laugh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd double check unless it is a codeshare with American Airlines as that would be Terminal 3.

What is the flight number?

Also, try and check in online as a lot easier, you can still go to a bag drop to drop bags. If you have a smart phone the BA app is very good, as you can save your boarding pass on there, to save messing around.

I'd personally aim to be arriving at the airport there at least 2.5 hours before departure regardless, as T5 is not a bad place to hang out, have a drink, get some food.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'd double check unless it is a codeshare with American Airlines as that would be Terminal 3.

If you have a smart phone the BA app is very good, as you can save your boarding pass on there, to save messing around.

Do you think so? I use the mobile check in, but always get a paper copy, such a frigging mullarky to keep getting you phone out and launching the app!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you think so? I use the mobile check in, but always get a paper copy, such a frigging mullarky to keep getting you phone out and launching the app!

If you have an iphone, then you can now save it on Passbook, and in the next update, you can save it on the 'locked' screen to stop that faffing. Still prefer it to a bit of paper really.

Jul 7, 2003
Terminal 5 is quite a pleasant place to spend some time with views across the runways from most seating areas. The flow through security is usually much quicker than other airports / terminals so you don't need to get there too early but you need to factor in the unreliable nature of the M25 to get there (although going to T5 means you avoid the queues for the access tunnel).

Definitely check in online if for no other reason than to get seats together and also nearer the doors so you can get towards the front of the immigration queues on arrival.

Enjoy your trip.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm flying to the USA on Saturday, and not being a regular flyer (and not being able to see the info on the web) can someone let me know if i am right in thinking that all BA flights to the US go from Heathrow terminal 5, and that i have to check in 3 hours before take off?

Thanks,

Rob.

Did somebody sell you the ticket in the street or something?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Make sure you take your passport with you
It's not the end of the world.

As said a 'lil bit o banter' with the customs officers the other end, and they'll probably let him in anyway.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't you check in online 24 hours before the flights? That's what I normally do for Europe - is it different for the US?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm flying BA to Vegas tomorrow from Gatwick so the answer is No (although think that is the only US flight from Gatwick)

Hope you've applied for your ESTA or you won't get in!

1 hour is enough, but anything to do with M25 needs 2 hours contingency!

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm flying BA to Vegas tomorrow from Gatwick so the answer is No (although think that is the only US flight from Gatwick)

Hope you've applied for your ESTA or you won't get in!

1 hour is enough, but anything to do with M25 needs 2 hours contingency!

And also Orlando and Tampa.....:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here