Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those who oppose a badger cull

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has The Complete Badger been culled yet ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My house is called Badgers, am I about to be culled?

BTW only Badgers song that mattters

[yt]EIyixC9NsLI[/yt]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the number of dead badgers I see on the roads I think motorists are doing a pretty good job culling them

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Given the number of dead badgers I see on the roads I think motorists are doing a pretty good job culling them

I wonder if farmers ever shoot badgers then dump their bodies on the road to make it look like they've been hit by a car :whistle:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I wonder if farmers ever shoot badgers then dump their bodies on the road to make it look like they've been hit by a car :whistle:

No, heaven forbid. Our farming community wouldn't get up to tricks like that!
I say leave it to the motorist. The slaughter goes on unabated. Foxes, Badgers, Deer, Rabbits, Rodents, Amphibians, Lizards, Snakes and every Bird imaginable. A trail of mangled, flattened bodies. A fantastic feast for every Crow and Magpie alive. A tarmac trophy room. A veritable massacre of the animal population. And in a league of its own in the decimated stakes is our old favourite, the Pheasant.
You'd think by now that news would have spread amongst all Pheasants that roads are dangerous. But no. Their poor little pea-sized brain allows them only one thought. " Look at all that lovely grit out there " Out they wander without a care in the world and then next minute...BANG...finito...all over...another one bites the dust. 40% of all pheasants are killed on our roads..40 bloody per cent. Now, if we could reach that sort of figure for Badgers, then there would be no need for guns, traps or injections. Instant death and about £600 worth of damage to the front of your nice Merc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I say leave it to the motorist. The slaughter goes on unabated. Foxes, Badgers, Deer, Rabbits, Rodents, Amphibians, Lizards, Snakes and every Bird imaginable. A trail of mangled, flattened bodies. A fantastic feast for every Crow and Magpie alive. A tarmac trophy room. A veritable massacre of the animal population. And in a league of its own in the decimated stakes is our old favourite, the Pheasant.
You'd think by now that news would have spread amongst all Pheasants that roads are dangerous. But no. Their poor little pea-sized brain allows them only one thought. " Look at all that lovely grit out there " Out they wander without a care in the world and then next minute...BANG...finito...all over...another one bites the dust. 40% of all pheasants are killed on our roads..40 bloody per cent. Now, if we could reach that sort of figure for Badgers, then there would be no need for guns, traps or injections. Instant death and about £600 worth of damage to the front of your nice Merc.

Have you ever seen a dead crow on the road? I half try and get them but they are great at last minute avoidance. I reckon they are the superbrains of the bird and animal community

I had a near miss on the road early yesterday morning, a baby squirrel (looked like a black one too) was just sitting in the middle of the road, I thought it was dead but it suddenly leaped up and did a pirouette just before I hit it, I swerved into the outside lane as a natural reaction. Fortunately there was nothing close to me on the road. I know they say just keep going but it's kind of tough not to swerve..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Have you ever seen a dead crow? I reckon they are the superbrains of the bird and animal community

No. You are right. Crows and Magpies are super cunning. They sit there picking over the remains and watch you approach. You could be doing 50-60mph but hey, no problem. When you are about 15-20 yards away, they finish what there are eating, then a couple of hops to kerbside, wave you past and resume the feast.
I saw a dead Magpie recently and had to do a double-take. I couldn't believe it. Very rare. ( Can only assume his best mate was a Pheasant! )

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its either the badgers or cows,so no contest,badgers every time.
Ireland have already taken action against badgers and number of cows with TB has reduced.
How often does the average person see a badger,but we would certainally miss our cows.
We must support our farmers otherwise future milk/meat supplies will come from abroad.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Badgers are vicious little shits, any cull is long overdue and when they've wiped them out perhaps they will start on the foxes.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

don't forget vehicle / bat collisions

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its either the badgers or cows,so no contest,badgers every time.
Ireland have already taken action against badgers and number of cows with TB has reduced.
How often does the average person see a badger,but we would certainally miss our cows.
We must support our farmers otherwise future milk/meat supplies will come from abroad.

How do you know that it's not the cows spreading TB to the badgers? Drink soya milk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here