Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There must be a lot of people who have been hit by a brick thrown by Lenny Henry then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This. I think he used to be mildly funny 20 years ago, but that may have been because I was only ten. Can anyone older confirm?

I'm, ahem, a little older than you and I would suggest that you only found him funny because you were a child and didn't know better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lenny Henry ceased to be funny around the same time as he hooked up with Dawn French. Having him off our screens for 25-odd years has been great but then we were inflicted with The Vicar Of Dibley, so swings and roundabouts...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Lenny Henry ceased to be funny around the same time as he hooked up with Dawn French. Having him off our screens for 25-odd years has been great but then we were inflicted with The Vicar Of Dibley, so swings and roundabouts...
Sounds about right to me - 'Three of a Kind' was vaguely funny but that was about it but then again I'd rather watch ten series' of rubbish like 'Chef' the one series of 'Vicar of Dibley'.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There must be a lot of people who have been hit by a brick thrown by Lenny Henr

It is beyond belief that his average & undoubtedly overpaid VoiceOver performances get him so much BBC work on programmes for kids who have never heard of him so the 'name' is an irrelevance

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I thought he was good in a serious role in a thing called, "Alive and Kicking." With Robbie Coltrane. Don't know why he did not carry
on doing that sort of stuff.

It is beyond belief that his average & undoubtedly overpaid VoiceOver performances get him so much BBC work on programmes for kids who have never heard of him so the 'name' is an irrelevance
One wonders if the BBC didn't ditch him simply because he's black.
Can't remember laughing since he turned round to face the audience after tending that cradle as Frank Spencer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he was good in a serious role in a thing called, "Alive and Kicking." With Robbie Coltrane. Don't know why he did not carry
on doing that sort of stuff.

Serious role? Maybe it was a comedy which wasn't funny?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
I think I was the same in that I was a child and didn't know better. I am constantly amazed at what programmes get comissioned, even now. Mrs Browns Boys won awards for christs sake, they're making another series of citizen khan and I don't know if anyone saw any of 'The Wright Way', that had to be one of the most god awful shows ever made!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here