Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke release Seven

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
New Stoke manager Mark Hughes has let 7 players contracts expire...a few of whom could do a job for us!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22793685

Jermaine Pennant? Matt Upson? Dean Whitehead? Please Barber do something ffs! :tantrum:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would love Upson to sign pernamently. He really solidified our defence.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wouldnt touch Pennant with a barge pole, Upson is a must

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd consider Whitehead, but other than that only Upson i would nab. Really happy if we can do a deal.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the club appears to be a shambles at the moment, we are going to miss out on good solid players if not resolved soon. what player would join a club without knowing who the manager is?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd be stunned if Upson hasn't been made an offer but no player is going to commit this early on - certainly not to a club with the managerial issues we have.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Agreed on Upson. Pennant is trouble. Wouldn't have thought any of the others would fit into our style. Upson can pass the ball as he was trained at Arsenal, any of the other Stoke lot would have to have their hoofball tendancies ironed out before they'd be any use to us.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Knowing the amount of decent players with contracts expiring, you would've thought Bloom/Barber would have resolved our situation so we could get out there and start building for next season. This is starting to become a joke now, we need a resolution, and we need it now! (And I don't care if GP stays or goes, just hurry up!)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Pulis didn't fancy Upson and now Hughes doesn't either. This would suggest his level is either Top 6 Championship or he might get lucky with one of the promoted 3 taking a punt. Good news for us if we want to sign him as his stock has just decreased.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Blimey, I never even knew they held her captive

7of9.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tougher than ever? I see it as more of the same. A Wigan side shawn of its stars, a QPR side that could easily be the new Wolves, not much coming up from League 1 but Wolves and Peterborough out of it. Granted, Reading should be there or thereabouts, but there's no one there for us to fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here