Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wedding Venues - Sussex

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
To NSC legends,

I am getting married next year (August 2014) and we are currently at the venue decision stage.
Looking at Mid Sussex really, BN18, RH12, RH13, RH14, RH20, GU5, GU28 etc.

Just looking for your thoughts on

Where you got married?

Any weddings you've attended? Good or Bad views.

Thanks for you help.

Wedding.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My advice would be to not do it. Honest.

Lewes Town Hall, followed by a good night down the pub, worked very well for Roz and me. But we don't have in-laws, aunts and distant cousins expecting something bigger and flashier.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Loads of churches all over Sussex, some real stunning ones too:

111985590_5f2904ac61_z.jpg

And she'll look beautiful walking down the aisle!

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Depends on budget of course - dozens of really great country house style places in and around Mid Sussex. My favourite is Gravetye Manor - quintessential English - but it is pricey. Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield is good too, and the house at Wakehurst Place is an interesting possibility. August 2014 might coincide with our first home premiership match - so why not do it at the Amex - and make a few bonus dollars for Barber too ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My advice would be to not do it. Honest.

This. The only reason I can see to get married these days is to satisfy your religious beliefs; it does not give you any more relationship security or any other advantages.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
At a private hire driver living and working in wisborough green check out bartholomews barn kirdford West Sussex or fitzleroi barn fittleworth West Sussex both very popular

D

Deleted member 22389

To NSC legends,

I am getting married next year (August 2014) and we are currently at the venue decision stage.
Looking at Mid Sussex really, BN18, RH12, RH13, RH14, RH20, GU5, GU28 etc.

Just looking for your thoughts on

Where you got married?

Any weddings you've attended? Good or Bad views.

Thanks for you help.

View attachment 43549

I got married at the following venue http://www.barnsgate.co.uk/
Excellent place and good value for money.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Your just offering that advice as your experience of marriage has been bad? or are you just joking?

My agreement of his advice was certainly based on that. Having a failed marriage just showed me what little it actually means to be married. Owning a house together is more of a commitment.

Monsieur Wabee

Apr 30, 2009
Cowfold
Ghyll Manor in Rusper (just north of Horsham) gets a massive thumbs up from me, my wife & I had our day there back in 2010:

http://www.ghyllmanorweddings.co.uk/

We were married at a church in Horsham and then had our reception there, but you can have the ceremony at GM if you wish to. They have a very smart room for that purpose, or I believe they now have an outside setting where the marriage can take place as well.

You can have the entire hotel for the reception if you've got the budget or you can do what we did which was have the hall at the far end of the hotel. A nice old feel to the place and you don't keep bumping in to the regular hotel punters.

The setting was amazing, staff outstanding and the food was top notch.

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
I got married last year at Buxted Park hotel in Buxted, beautiful location with hundreds fo acres for photos etc, even had some deer wondering around. they do smaller weddings in the great library and the organgery and larger weddings in the dining hall and ballroom, well worth a look. Havign said that it all depends on budget, thunk Buxted charged around£89-120 a head depending on what you wanted, but that included plenty of drink, dinner rooms, toastmaster etc etc.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This. The only reason I can see to get married these days is to satisfy your religious beliefs; it does not give you any more relationship security or any other advantages.

Incorrect. 9% of 16 year old children born to unmarrieds live with both parents, 50% of those born to marrieds do

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Incorrect. 9% of 16 year old children born to unmarrieds live with both parents, 50% of those born to marrieds do

That statistic doesn't mean a great deal without knowing what % of the unmarrieds were actually in a committed relationship with each other at the time of the birth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here