Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge rejects QPR.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
I have a horrible feeling that this rudderless ship is going to also miss out on players. We are not in a good way at the moment, I don't care what Barber says, everyone else is already making preparations while we sit idle

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Redknapp, who took over as boss in November but could not prevent the club’s slide into the Championship, wants former England international Wayne Bridge at the club – but has indicated that he is still some way from being able to complete the deal.
The move for Bridge, a free agent after a season at Brighton, has caused a massive rift behind the scenes at Loftus Road, report the Daily Mirror.
It is believed that QPR are keen to offload some of their expensive array of players before they start sanctioning further transfers – the club have spent lavishly in each of the last few transfer windows, and have a bloated squad.
Redknapp was forthright in front of TV cameras yesterday, saying of the club’s transfer policy: “If we don’t change it, and I don’t get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance.
“You can’t have other people having a say at all, I’m a football person and I’ve got a staff around me of football people.
“We’ve got to make the decisions, and if we make the right ones we will have a chance. Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions we’ve got no chance.
“If I don’t get that, then I wouldn’t stick around.
“I’ll speak to Tony Fernandes. They’ve got to back me with the people I want.
“I’m not asking him to spend money, I’m looking at a couple of free transfers.
“I’m trying to get Wayne Bridge, I thought he did fantastically well with Brighton, he’d be a good left-back for us.
“He’s got great experience, looks in great shape and is a player I want to bring in on a free. I’m hoping that’s the first deal I can do.
“Tony is away, but I’ll speak to him and see if we can get the deal done.”

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-rournd-qpr-must-buy-say-060438967.html

i have a horrible feeling that this rudderless ship is going to also miss out on players. We are not in a good way at the moment, i don't care what barber says, everyone else is already making preparations while we sit idle

I get the feeling we do have a captain,he can't come on board till the other one walks the plank,possible swapping ships???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have a horrible feeling that this rudderless ship is going to also miss out on players. We are not in a good way at the moment, I don't care what Barber says, everyone else is already making preparations while we sit idle

I doubt that everything is at a standstill behind the scenes, but if the club get the Gus thing wrong there could be £2.5M less to go in the playing budget, and possibly £2.5M more to go towards it if it's handled correctly. We miss out on players every season, usually because they can get a better deal elsewhere or the selling club can. Putting the most cash into the playing budget that we can will be more important than doing deals in June as to who we can get.

D

Deleted member 22389

I doubt that everything is at a standstill behind the scenes, but if the club get the Gus thing wrong there could be £2.5M less to go in the playing budget, and possibly £2.5M more to go towards it if it's handled correctly. We miss out on players every season, usually because they can get a better deal elsewhere or the selling club can. Putting the most cash into the playing budget that we can will be more important than doing deals in June as to who we can get.

Exactly. In my eyes and I hope in the clubs eyes if Gus thinks he is going get 2.5M and just be able to walk away, think again.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
How do you know what's going on behind the scenes? Winds me up people thinking they know what's going on when none of us do !! The season starts in 2 months we hardly need wholesale changes stop panicking and les see what happens

Without looking at dates was Zola even in charge a year ago? We were laughing at palace as players were leaving and they made a few signings in August (bolasie) for one that helped kick start them after a poor start

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
....we hardly need wholesale changes stop panicking.....

That's quite funny.....if a little blinkered..

David
Upson
Bridge

Poyet
Turrico
Oatway

Six staff members that in my view were key to our season in a lot of different ways,...I would say there is some urgency.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex

Very much this!!!
All the players that are any good being released by premier and championship clubs are already in talks with clubs wanting to sign them.
And we dont even know who will be running the team next season!!.

What free agent is gonna sign for us not knowing who they will be calling boss next season??

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good post, and a well known football agent mentioned the other day that most business done towards the end of the transfer window, far less in May/June, as selling clubs price too high then. So time is not against us.

In the meantime, the Board and the head of football operations are perfectly capable of making decisions without the coach, and will be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here