Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never underestimate fan power!

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
News emerging from The Reebok - Reversal on QuickQuid being the shirt sponsor. Going on what some people said in a previous post its fantastic to see a club caring about the fans and local community.

It would be nice if Poyet and Barber would show us the same consideration.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought they were going to the Palace shirt sponsor but pulled out after realising it was only a 1 year deal.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
No they've taken on board a local sports science company that work with the university - seems odd on a commercial sense but reassuring for the locals eh...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
News emerging from The Reebok - Reversal on QuickQuid being the shirt sponsor. Going on what some people said in a previous post its fantastic to see a club caring about the fans and local community.

It would be nice if Poyet and Barber would show us the same consideration.

Can somebody explain the relation between those two paragraphs?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013

Its not rocket science - merely stating I would like our club to illustrate the same consideration in listening to what the fans say...Its not like the membership sceme has gone down well, our players and ex loanees are being linked left right and centre and we have zero clarification on our manager three weeks on. Happy now?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

None - quite how you can link a football club changing shirt sponsors and a football club with a suspended manager, also with a new membership scheme is beyond me.

I can only assume the OP wants fans to have a say in absolutely everything, including the manager it seems - which in that case is wrong.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The sentiment I suspect is that if fans are not happy about something then they can make a change if done the right way.

Take this Barber stuff , at some point enough will be enough and a fan group will be formed. Think the supporters club should be on record about the changes . Certainly should be a vocal element about these changes . . .but how ?

Speaking out on a message board wont create many ripples

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The sentiment I suspect is that if fans are not happy about something then they can make a change if done the right way.

Take this Barber stuff , at some point enough will be enough and a fan group will be formed. Think the supporters club should be on record about the changes . Certainly should be a vocal element about these changes . . .but how ?

The supporters club would be more interested about homophobic chanting and being interviewed by BBC Sussex

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Nothing like an over reaction. Hardly a crisis is it? Finishing 4th and no news for 3 (THREE) weeks.

Actually it says more about the instant must have now access all areas culture we live in today. In the old days (13 years ago) people speculated down the pub and didn't wet their knickers if there wasn't anything in the argus that day. Entire months (eg the summer) would come and go when other sports were on the back page. Footballers turned their hand to cricket, went on holiday instead of tournaments and generally the club closed for business because there was no news. It's true. Ask your parents ;)

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
The supporters club would be more interested about homophobic chanting and being interviewed by BBC Sussex

Precisely this - not matter how many times we post on NSC its never going to get through to Barber - its not like the Greens will step in and tell Barber to buck his ideas up etc (as funny as that would be!)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Nothing like an over reaction. Hardly a crisis is it? Finishing 4th and no news for 3 (THREE) weeks.

Actually it says more about the instant must have now access all areas culture we live in today. In the old days (13 years ago) people speculated down the pub and didn't wet their knickers if there wasn't anything in the argus that day. Entire months (eg the summer) would come and go when other sports were on the back page. Footballers turned their hand to cricket, went on holiday instead of tournaments and generally the club closed for business because there was no news. It's true. Ask your parents ;)

I remember those days. I remember when doing my paper round reading the back page of the Argus whilst I did my rounds. During summer the back page was SCCC or Eastbourne Eagles speedway.

Sometimes I wish I could just turn this technology off and have a stress free summer.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

what changes? A new membership scheme (we've had one before). An away season ticket? That's hardly radical.
And our "loanees"? They're not ours.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Precisely this - not matter how many times we post on NSC its never going to get through to Barber - its not like the Greens will step in and tell Barber to buck his ideas up etc (as funny as that would be!)

On a general point, companies now avoid online opinion at their peril.

Many companies now employ staff full time to manage how they being represented on social networking sites.

I've had personal experience of it. I made a critical post regarding a company on here regarding their activities in my local area. I was contacted via PM by them. Seriously.

It's quite difficult to value reputation until it's gone and the truth is often irrelevant.

I'm not in the least bit surprised Bolton have dropped their sponsors and I be hugely surprised if the commercially savvy at our club don't dip in here either.

Still got a bit to learn. That involves being not openly critical, knowing when to comment, knowing when to safely ignore. People often make the comment that this site isn't representative of the Albion fanbase. Irrelevant.

That's just the way of the world now.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Exactly why does Barber attract such hatred? If his job is to make the club sustainable what exactly has he done wrong so far?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I remember those days. I remember when doing my paper round reading the back page of the Argus whilst I did my rounds. During summer the back page was SCCC or Eastbourne Eagles speedway.

Sometimes I wish I could just turn this technology off and have a stress free summer.

Well, to paraphrase the TV programme from that era, why don't you just switch off your PC and go and do something less boring instead?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Exactly why does Barber attract such hatred? If his job is to make the club sustainable what exactly has he done wrong so far?

In fairness to Barber he did say when he arrived that he had a job to do and that some of the decisions he'd make wouldn't be popular with fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Don't forget the other issue with the supporters club - the fact they never consulted the club at all over this homophobic issue just went straight to the FA after completing all their tick charts thus making both the club and all other supporters looking very stupid to say the least.

I suspect next season they may lose their stupid one page summary of where they went the previous week and what it was like.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here