Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was asked the question today how would Gulls Eye have reacted to these goings on.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We certainly would have got a couple of t shirts out over this sorry mess, including the obligatory Poodunnit with Peter Falk as Colombo.

With all due respect to the very entertaining TSLR, but what we need now is some 20 something's Albion fans to bring out a fanzine with a bit of bollocks that asks the right questions, then again the way the banning culture has evolved at the club, I wonder how long they would last before getting the dreaded letter?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You must be in a time warp as all you rant on about is the past, the club was always going to move forward fro Withdean to Falmer to be far bigger and more of a corporate set up.

To be fair it is what most clubs have evolved to however about the nearest we got to this at Withdean was the £250 season ticket to the club corporate bar which was normally a portacabin.

You need to move on with the times.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The idea that someone needs to keep a very vigilant eye on what's going on should always be hugely important. Without that vigilence, we'd have no club to employ any chief exec.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We certainly would have got a couple of t shirts out over this sorry mess, including the obligatory Poodunnit with Peter Falk as Colombo.

With all due respect to the very entertaining TSLR, but what we need now is some 20 something's Albion fans to bring out a fanzine with a bit of bollocks that asks the right questions, then again the way the banning culture has evolved at the club, I wonder how long they would last before getting the dreaded letter?

Are you saying that you dont think a chairman with 200m of his own money in the club can be trusted to run it?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You must be in a time warp as all you rant on about is the past, the club was always going to move forward fro Withdean to Falmer to be far bigger and more of a corporate set up.

To be fair it is what most clubs have evolved to however about the nearest we got to this at Withdean was the £250 season ticket to the club corporate bar which was normally a portacabin.

Beach Hit old mate has your account been hacked?

We are all of that age now, late 40's early 50's, where we look back and get dewey eyed, I'm all for moving on but if your really happy with what's currently going on and the potential route we could be going down I'm wondering if you've had a blow on the head rather than been hacked.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beach Hit old mate has your account been hacked?

We are all of that age now, late 40's early 50's, where we look back and get dewey eyed, I'm all for moving on but if your really happy with what's currently going on and the potential route we could be going down I'm wondering if you've had a blow on the head rather than been hacked.

Seriously I am fine and will no doubt see you on the 22nd at a certain club do just down the road from you.

No point in looking back in my view as that was then and this is now, as for being happy about what is happening it was always going to be the price for moving forward in my view.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Seriously I am fine and will no doubt see you on the 22nd at a certain club do just down the road from you.

No point in looking back in my view as that was then and this is now, as for being happy about what is happening it was always going to be the price for moving forward in my view.

Not there on the 22nd, at an 80s weekend at Butlins, but will entrust Harty Junior with sufficient funds to purchase you an alcoholic beverage.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Are you saying that you dont think a chairman with 200m of his own money in the club can be trusted to run it?

Is it £200m? Is it 'his' money? I wouldn't trust ANY chairman 100% - it has been shown too often that the chairmen of football clubs cannot be trusted and it is prudent to keep a close eye on their activities.

I can't see how a bunch of 20 something Albion fans running a fanzine with a bit of bollocks is being stuck in the past. No-one's imagining that Beach Hut will take to it, but he's as decrepit an old fart as I am.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it £200m? Is it 'his' money? I wouldn't trust ANY chairman 100% - it has been shown too often that the chairmen of football clubs cannot be trusted and it is prudent to keep a close eye on their activities.

Must be getting towards that figure if you include the financial support he gave whilst we were at Withdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see how a bunch of 20 something Albion fans running a fanzine with a bit of bollocks is being stuck in the past. No-one's imagining that Beach Hut will take to it, but he's as decrepit an old fart as I am.

So Beach Hut has a rail pass and you have a bus pass ???

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As regards the manager situation then no, but with it being subject to employment law then I doubt anyone would get answers to questions. If you mean the move to a more corporate organisation, I can understand it, the club was losing 8m per annum and I am not sure bloom would want to keep funding that. I dont go into the anti barber thing he needs to reduce that loss and that is what he will do. I have a great seat in a great stadium watching some great players, but it comes at a cost and that cost is a more corporate organisation. I prefer it to sitting in the rain at withdean watching some dire football if I am honest.

Sorry was in reply to a question from lenny

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's it , I am going to wear my "Ruffians" T-shirt tomorrow as a personal protest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here