Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Away Season Ticket

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I like the line...

"The club needs to put in place an infrastructure that will be required to play at the highest level."

A manager would be nice!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So "Season Ticket Holder" is basically a tier of the newly named Seagulls Priority, and you can add the away season ticket and/or auto-cup scheme to move up to an even higher tier of some sort? For STHs it seems mostly like a branding exercise.

The £10-£30 for non-STHs is a bit more worrying though, not good to say "You can pay us up front to have the best pick of seats, although you'll still be behind STHs."

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So "Season Ticket Holder" is basically a tier of the newly named Seagulls Priority, and you can add the away season ticket and/or auto-cup scheme to move up to an even higher tier of some sort? For STHs it seems mostly like a branding exercise.

The £10-£30 for non-STHs is a bit more worrying though, not good to say "You can pay us up front to have the best pick of seats, although you'll still be behind STHs."

Agree.

What's wrong with the existing membership scheme that helps the club track who has bought what and when? It's called the fan number.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

isn't that just like the old blue and white members in the Withdean years??

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given STH don't pay anything at best they could hope for 60-70k additional revenue for this. I can't see man people bothering next season as there are always genuinely tickets available and can't see that changing in championship this is more applicable to a premier league club

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Surley it would have made more sense to make an away loyalty points policy? Just like the current loyalty points, but have an away version. Those who are STH and go everygame would still get priority but it would mean that those of us who regulary attend away games actually get a bit of priority. For example, if i go most away games and another guy hasn't been to an away game, we get Manchester United away in the cup yet he would get pruority over me? Its just wrong and a way of making money

FANS NOT CUSTOMERS!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Agree.

What's wrong with the existing membership scheme that helps the club track who has bought what and when? It's called the fan number.

Well my suspicion all along was the the membership scheme would be at least 50% branding, which is seems to be. My guess is that fan numbers will be renamed "Seagulls Priority Number" or something like that if you choose to pay the fee to upgrade (for non-STHs obviously). I suspect Barber, and the marketing team, just want to try and make a bit of a song and dance out of a nice new name for stuff, and get a bit of money out of people who want the best pick of seats but don't want a STH.

Do those people exist though? I mean if you feel that you go to enough games to justify paying the extra fee to get the pick of seats would you not feel you spend enough to justify getting a STH anyway? I also wonder if people who pay the £20 deposit to go onto the STH waiting list (or whatever it is) will get enrolled into the scheme automatically though, that's the only group it really seems to make sense for.

Also I assume the club will now have to change the way they're releasing seats. They won't be able to hold blocks back, as non-STH Priority members may well want those seats.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surley it would have made more sense to make an away loyalty points policy? Just like the current loyalty points, but have an away version. Those who are STH and go everygame would still get priority but it would mean that those of us who regulary attend away games actually get a bit of priority. For example, if i go most away games and another guy hasn't been to an away game, we get Manchester United away in the cup yet he would get pruority over me? Its just wrong and a way of making money

FANS NOT CUSTOMERS!

I would imagine it'll go like this:

1. STH with Auto-cup/away season ticket
2. 1901
3. STH
4. Non-STH Priority Members
5. General sale/Loyalty point restricted

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously guys, it's simple supply and demand isn't it. All the major clubs do this and we're starting to think AND ACT like a major club, is that so wrong?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Seriously guys, it's simple supply and demand isn't it. All the major clubs do this and we're starting to think AND ACT like a major club, is that so wrong?

Yes. It is wrong. If you think football is in any way broken and needs to re-examine itself, then quite simply, being like the rest is not the "aspiration" that I have.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Its just wrong and a way of making money

It really isn't is it? How much do you think they are likely to make? £10-£30 x what, 2000, 3000 people? Taking into account seniors and kids rates, they'd be lucky to clear one month of CMSs wages from this scheme.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Too be honest I wouldn't mind the membership scheme too much if it allowed a proper "general sale" (e.g. my mate could go to the ticket shop & buy a ticket), too many times my mates have wanted to go but it's been a last minute decision/not wanting to register etc..

Having said that I'd also like the club to activate the season ticket exchange soon after the match has gone on sale (might encourage more STH's to sell their seat back to the club)

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Nothing wrong with the scheme, part of it is to try and get rid of paper tickets and have everyone that goes to more than say 1 game a season have a smart card to load matches on

Too be honest I wouldn't mind the membership scheme too much if it allowed a proper "general sale" (e.g. my mate could go to the ticket shop & buy a ticket), too many times my mates have wanted to go but it's been a last minute decision/not wanting to register etc..

Having said that I'd also like the club to activate the season ticket exchange soon after the match has gone on sale (might encourage more STH's to sell their seat back to the club)

Most games had a general sale, why wont he register on the ticket site?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes. It is wrong. If you think football is in any way broken and needs to re-examine itself, then quite simply, being like the rest is not the "aspiration" that I have.

Football is big business, each club needs to attract the TV companies, the fans, the media, the hype .... Brighton are no different. If we all want to pop along on a Saturday and watch a match against Orient with 3-4,00 others we're too far committed for that and would go bust tomorrow. We have huge aspirations, we have a substantial wage bill and a massive overhead to fund; we need money to do that from TV, from fans and from sponsors, that's life, the life we all marched for, the stadium we all wanted and the team we hoped we'd one day see challenging for the Premiership. It was never going to be jumpers for goalposts.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Giving non STH members membership card to upload tickets to is a good idea. It should mean that you can buy tickets for other members without having to get them all posted to one address (or pay several booking fees). I wonder if the booking fees will be less if they don't have to post out as many tickets? Also, will non STH members with their new cards be able to benefit from the e-cash system for payments, allowing queues to move more quickly?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sounds reasonable to me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm getting quite disillusioned by all this membership stuff. I know times have changed and it's fantastic to have so many ST holders, but I can't help feel that the club are effectively forcing peoples hand by saying 'get a ST or you'll have to pay extra' just to be on our database. Before long you're going to need a London salary just to be able to go and watch a game. In some respects I'm almost pleased we didn't go up as I couldn't afford to pay any more at the moment and I know of many others who feel the same. Barber wants to make the game more corporate I know but what about the average fan on the high street?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here