Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the fiasco endangering season ticket sales and future revenue ??

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Just putting this out there but I'm sure the "new" fans to the club are considering not taking up there season tickets this season if this mess isn't cleared up PDQ.
What sort of message is this sending out to our so called new supporters (plastics/ JCL's) is this situation in danger of loosing us some sections of the new wave? Lets not forget that a majority of season tickets are no longer purchased on a lump sum basis anymore. Just wondered what your thoughts are?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just putting this out there but I'm sure the "new" fans to the club are considering not taking up there season tickets this season if this mess isn't cleared up PDQ.
What sort of message is this sending out to our so called new supporters (plastics/ JCL's) is this situation in danger of loosing us some sections of the new wave? Lets not forget that a majority of season tickets are no longer purchased on a lump sum basis anymore. Just wondered what your thoughts are?

Can't see it having much of an effect. BHA will still be playing in the championship; what's the risk in buying a season ticket?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Can't see it having much of an effect. BHA will still be playing in the championship; what's the risk in buying a season ticket?

Exactly what is the risk of playing in the championship as its stands today?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

ST sales have already passed 23,000 for next season, the highest in our 112 year history....

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Not sure where you're coming from with this one.

Firstly: What is the "fiasco" you're taking about? (...as there are several things at the moment that some NSC members are, rightly or wrongly, getting rather upset about).
a) Lack of news on the suspension matters? Keeping an internal investigation private until it's complete isn't a fiasco in my mind.
b) Membership scheme? I can't see any need to worry about that as a STH - just ignore any "extras" and stick with the STH level.
c) Supposed "Banning of speculation"? Can't see new supporters worrying overly about that.

Secondly: Why would new STHs give up their STs? Anyone who's already committed to a season ticket:
a) Presumably bought it with a view to watching Brighton playing football in the Championship, rather than it being about what's going on behind the scenes;
b) Has already paid a certain amount of money, and would lose some of that money if they now cancelled it;
c) Is likely to wait to see whether or not the matchday experience continues to live up to their expectations before giving up, surely?

Feb 14, 2010

Supporting the Albion in Sussex is a regional identity for Sussex passed down through the generations. As we had 34000 for Rochdale in the third division at the Goldstone then your "new fan" jibe is so far wide of the mark. This club get bigger crowds than Leeds when in the same division, get used to it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it will definitely have some effect on attracting new STHs. The club's in limbo at the moment.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I don't think "This mess" as you put it, will make the slightest bit of difference. We all know that one way or another it will get sorted. Please stop with the new fans and plastic comments. It winds me up when away fans use it, but from our own fans it is ridiculous. We have the fan base to carry on at this rate for generations to come. It gladdens my heart to see the smiling faces of the kids on match days, and even more so in the parks, where Albion shirts are outnumbering Premier league shirts, for the first time in yonks.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I don't think "This mess" as you put it, will make the slightest bit of difference. We all know that one way or another it will get sorted. Please stop with the new fans and plastic comments. It winds me up when away fans use it, but from our own fans it is ridiculous. We have the fan base to carry on at this rate for generations to come. It gladdens my heart to see the smiling faces of the kids on match days, and even more so in the parks, where Albion shirts are outnumbering Premier league shirts, for the first time in yonks.

I'm all about the younger and older new fan growing population, its only a good thing for the club. My comment re the terminology is tongue in cheek and slightly aimed at the the doubters of the new fans base on here who tend to like complaining about it which I think its pathetic. I just hope the fiasco is not creating unnecessary panic which if you use twitter for example it certainly seems that way at the moment. Either way its a strange situation and I hope damage is being limited not just with our fans but also to our players who are at the end of their contracts/ loanees (Bridge/Upson) and also potential new signings who wont be even considering us at the moment which is understandable. The clock is ticking!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly what is the risk of playing in the championship as its stands today?

I'd say there is a massive risk of us playing in the Championship next season. I'd go so far as to say it's a 100% risk.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

There is absolutely no reason to be panicking or miserable about next season, simply because nobody knows what will happen. For all you know, the next few weeks will see Poyet leave, and someone come in who will have these supposed floaters you talk about (many of whom will have bought weeks ago) dashing to snap them up.

Relaaaaaaaaaax.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
There is absolutely no reason to be panicking or miserable about next season, simply because nobody knows what will happen. For all you know, the next few weeks will see Poyet leave, and someone come in who will have these supposed floaters you talk about (many of whom will have bought weeks ago) dashing to snap them up.

Relaaaaaaaaaax.

I feel ok about the end result being a good one it just seems like a very long time ago since the events unfolded. Whats the floaters bit you've lost me?!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Floaters, like, these people you say are debating as to whether to buy season tickets or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here