Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter James

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
For all you NSC's who love his Roy Grace books, tomorrow is the day for the new one! 'Dead Man's Time' Roy Grace number 9 and it's only £3.95 on Kindle a massive reduction in the last few days. What could be better than early morning coffee, tostada con tomate, Kindle download and it's my birthday too!:)

Dompierre

May 17, 2013
France
For all you NSC's who love his Roy Grace books, tomorrow is the day for the new one! 'Dead Man's Time' Roy Grace number 9 and it's only £3.95 on Kindle a massive reduction in the last few days. What could be better than early morning coffee, tostada con tomate, Kindle download and it's my birthday too!:)

Happy Birthday. He's well worth liking on Facebook, too.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They are well woth reading especially now he's dropped the supernatural mumbo jumbo that featured in the first two or three.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im reading " Dead Simple " the first 1 of the series, and I have got to say I am loving it.

Well worth a read

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have enjoyed the Roy Grace books, but having progressed through Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy (1/4 of the way into The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - no spoilers please) I'm feeling dear old Peter needs to up his game somewhat.

If you've enjoyed the Grace books, then do try Larsson's books and avoid the films.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I have enjoyed the Roy Grace books, but having progressed through Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy (1/4 of the way into The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - no spoilers please) I'm feeling dear old Peter needs to up his game somewhat.

If you've enjoyed the Grace books, then do try Larsson's books and avoid the films.

Having read all the Roy Grace books so far this is the first one I shall give a miss as they seem to be coming a bit old hat. My wife who reads them as well also said dont bother with the next one as they seem to be going a bit downhill. The Argus have been running extracts from the new one and they haven't persuaded me to change my mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've read 4 of them, started to find them a bit predictable and samey so gave up on them although I initially enjoyed the scene setting in Sussex and the plots.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

When you have finished TGWKTHN you then need to discover Lee Child.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've read 4 of them, started to find them a bit predictable and samey so gave up on them although I initially enjoyed the scene setting in Sussex and the plots.

Must admit having read all 8, by number 4 I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen next.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I've read the first in the series, and am working my way through the Vince Flynn series about Mitch Rapp. Once I am through them I think I will give Roy Grace the time and attention he needs.

Dead Simple, however was a great read and I really enjoyed it.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch as his detective - best crime writer out there, highly reccommended.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I've read the first 5 which I enjoyed, but I'm struggling to maintain interest in the shoe fetish one. Nothing much seemed to be happening, so I've left it half way, and have started to read some Jo Nesbo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Appearing in a book that isn't 60% back story.

That does really annoy me. As I said, after about the first four I sometimes found myself convinced I'd already read what I reading there was so much back story going on. I'm sure it's probably not, but some of it almost seemed to be word for word copy and paste from 2 books ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That does really annoy me. As I said, after about the first four I sometimes found myself convinced I'd already read what I reading there was so much back story going on. I'm sure it's probably not, but some of it almost seemed to be word for word copy and paste from 2 books ago.
Yeah, I got to whichever one ends in a chance meeting by a South American pool.

I was so fed up with the back story.

But really loved ALL his books up to that point.
It really was a thrill to read about Brighton/Sussex, the book that ends in a chase along the A259 at Lancing was a brilliant read.

I just couldn't put myself through any more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here