Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Glastonbury 2013 Fun in the Sun Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right. Not long now, in fact in exactly three weeks time I will be on site.

As there is always a healthy number of NSCers going I thought I'd get a thread up to share news, views, gossip and stories.

Here's the line up http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

My last thread worked a real treat as one poster had knowledge of the secret gigs...any similar info this time out will be appreciated :wink:

Also, I will be taking my fancy dress costume so if anyone sees Popeye giving it some in the dance tent come and say hello.

Can't wait. Over to you.......

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
As we are currently using up all the consecutive sunny days for this year. You really need to change the title to fun in the mud. It's going to be like winter three weeks from now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As we are currently using up all the consecutive sunny days for this year. You really need to change the title to fun in the mud. It's going to be like winter three weeks from now.

Yee of little faith. I'm presuming sunshine (or at least dry weather) until otherwise proved wrong.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Cannot wait! Im volunteering through oxfam so on sight even earlier than most! First ever festival - any must see parts of Glasto?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I know it's too early to tell really but the early indications are cool but dry. With thunderstorms moving in on the Monday & Tuesday. It would only need the storms to arrive a little earlier (and I think we know the rest.)

Seriously jealous though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cannot wait! Im volunteering through oxfam so on sight even earlier than most! First ever festival - any must see parts of Glasto?

The late night areas are fun and different to what you find at other alleged festivals. They're a weird hybrid of mad-max, fair grounds and film sets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Going down on the Wednesday, staying in the campervan field so 2 days of BBQs' and impromptu DJ sets and then the real fun starts. Can't wait.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going down on the Wednesday, staying in the campervan field so 2 days of BBQs' and impromptu DJ sets and then the real fun starts. Can't wait.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

I'm beating you by one day, leaving first thing Tuesdsay, staying at the Glastonbury Travelodge Tuesday night before undertaking the last mile or so on Wednesday morning. Should have tent (including row with wife), gazebo, picnic tables and chairs and solar shower erect by noon and first beer and sausage on the BBQ around 1pm.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I for one shall be jiving down there wednesday onwards.....I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that article from the telegraph is dated from 2011.....

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I'll be there. Decent line-up this year although a lot of clashes which I guess is unavoidable but still frustrating. Really hope the weather is good as it is so much more enjoyable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that article from the telegraph is dated from 2011.....

Oh dear. And 2011 was arguably the worst for weather as it rained every day. Goes to show what rubbish weather forecasts are.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Lets hope for another 2010 in terms of weather! glorious sunshine all day every day! I shall be up on pennard hill...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here