Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** LVCC Division One, Middlesex v Sussex at Lord's, Jun 5-8, 2013 ***

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Somehow Notts let us get away with a draw at Hove but surely the Middle will put Sussex firmly in their place?

Prior returns which seems strange since Brown is about the only Sussex middle order batsman that is getting any runs at present. :annoyed:

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
They don't usually drop Brown when Piror plays and lose someone else instead. Think management have an agreement with ECB so that Prior doesn't keep for us to give him a rest from keeping for England.

Could drop RHB, hasn't really made any runs recently, maybe Wright also doesn't look like his heads in the game atm.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's a difficult one. Wright does do a job as a bowler but if it's just on batting I think i'd keep RHB in, he did at least stick around for a bit in the second innings and did pretty well the game before.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They don't usually drop Brown when Piror plays and lose someone else instead. Think management have an agreement with ECB so that Prior doesn't keep for us to give him a rest from keeping for England.

Could drop RHB, hasn't really made any runs recently, maybe Wright also doesn't look like his heads in the game atm.

I would agree about Wright. His knee problem means he can't bowl much, and his batting nowadays is tailored to one day cricket. He's not a good championship player. Shame really.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a difficult one. Wright does do a job as a bowler but if it's just on batting I think i'd keep RHB in, he did at least stick around for a bit in the second innings and did pretty well the game before.

Yes, pencils has started to show some form of late. It would be the wrong time to rest him. It would send the wrong message. If Prior is available play

1. Nash
2. Wells
3. Yards
4. Joyce c
5. Hamilton brown
6. Prior
7. Brown +
8. Jordan
9. Magoffin
10. Anyon
11. Panesar

Although I personally would break up the run of left handers (Wells, Yardy, Joyce) to try to ensure we have a left / right combo batting for as long as possible, to mess with the bowlers' lines.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Perhaps give Anyon a rest, depending on a turning wicket or not (Nash, Wells to help bowl?)

1. Nash
2. Wells
3. Yardy
4. Joyce c
5. Hamilton brown
6. Prior
7. Wright
8. Brown +
9. Jordan
10. Magoffin
11. Panesar

Magoffin in at 10 - long batting line up!

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I wonder if players such as Nash ask not to bowl too much , he seems to take wickets when he does bowl , so is it the captains decision or down to the player himself ?

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Hasn't he played a few games for the 2nd XI?? Who's better out of him and Anyon?? Anyon hasn't done as well as usual this season...

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
If Anyon was to have a rest we'd have bowling first Magoffin/Jordan. First change Monty and Wright, Nash, Wells as other options?

Depends on what Lords is like for the game.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hasn't he played a few games for the 2nd XI?? Who's better out of him and Anyon?? Anyon hasn't done as well as usual this season...

He's 22 wicket @26 that's not too shoddy. I think the fact the other two are insanely good just makes him look poor by comparison. He's way above Swann and Finn for their counties

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It's hard to do well when Magoffin has 34 wickets at about 16 and Jordan also has 34 wickets as about 20... (both equal top wicket takers in County Cricket)

There's not a lot left to go around!

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
No fair point, just used to him being the only one picking up wickets in recent years. The swann and finn comparisons can't really be made as they haven't played as much 4 day cricket surely?? And with the way we're going, doesn't look like we need to change the bowling attack. Those 3 seamers with Monty and the part time spinners is easily enough unless injuries occur.

Presuming we'll be preparing spinners pitch's for the one dayer's now. With Jordan and Liddle opening, and then rotating between Panesar, Yardy, RHB, Nash and Wells we've got a really good spin attack to come in, also Styris and Wright too!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sussex: CD Nash, LWP Wells, MH Yardy, EC Joyce*, MJ Prior, LJ Wright ,BC Brown†, CJ Jordan, SJ Magoffin, WAT Beer, CJ Liddle

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Middlesex:

Sam Robson
Christopher Rogers
Joseph Denly
Adam London
Neil Dexter (C)
John Simpson (W)
Gareth Berg
Ollie Rayner
James Harris
Tobias Roland-Jones
Tim Murtagh

Sussex

Chris Nash
Luke Wells
Michael Yardy
Edmund Joyce (C)
Matthew Prior
Luke Wright
Ben Brown (W)
Chris Jordan
Steven Magoffin
Will Beer
Chris Liddle

So RHB out for Prior, Liddle and Beer in for Panesar and Anyon. Strange changes can't quite work out why... Maybe an injury to Anyon so Liddle in and want to keep Wright in case Liddle's not up to standard?

Forgot Ollie Rayner plays for them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here