Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
My bosses at work are mostly male, every Friday as do most companies, we have a dress down Friday. Last Friday I wore jeans, a t-shirt and a pair of Espadrilles. Now even though this was dress down Friday I got bollocked by my line manager for looking like I was "ready for the beach"

A colleague in the same team as me, that happens to be female came in yesterday with the shortest dress ever on, literally every time she bent over I could see what she had for breakfast! (Admittedly not a bad view!) Today she has come in wearing a pair of shorts that closely resembles hot pants! Not one word is mentioned to her and this got me thinking, is this fair?! And why hasn't she been bollocked? Am I over reacting or is the fact she's an attractive girl means she can get away with it???

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
:needpics:

In all seriousness though, yes it probably is

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My bosses at work are mostly male, every Friday as do most companies, we have a dress down Friday. Last Friday I wore jeans, a t-shirt and a pair of Espadrilles. Now even though this was dress down Friday I got bollocked by my line manager for looking like I was "ready for the beach"

A colleague in the same team as me, that happens to be female came in yesterday with the shortest dress ever on, literally every time she bent over I could see what she had for breakfast! (Admittedly not a bad view!) Today she has come in wearing a pair of shorts that closely resembles hot pants! Not one word is mentioned to her and this got me thinking, is this fair?! And why hasn't she been bollocked? Am I over reacting or is the fact she's an attractive girl means she can get away with it???

It means that this Friday you should wear either a very short skirt,or hot pants.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Exactly the same at my gaff. Business dress Monday to Thursday which for blokes is a suit (or at least shirt and trousers) but for some of the women it seems to be whatever they fancy. Some weeks I think the women in the office make more of an effort on a Friday when it's dress down than they do the rest of the week.

I'd just be pleased you've got a bit of eye candy to look if I were you mate and not worry so much about it.

It's only acceptable for men NOT to wear SOCKS if they are wearing SHORTS.

Agreed. I had a bloke turn up at a job interview once in a suit but no socks!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What's worse though looking like someone from Miami Vice or looking like a hooker??

There's a difference?

Can't wait for the thread from the OP entitled "I've been suspended for alleged sexual harassment - is this right?" if photos are taken though!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Today isn't Friday but she's wearing hot-pants? Also yes in all seriousness if she can wear it I'm sure you can wear the same (if in same role as her).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Are you sure they're not trying to be nice to you, when in fact your feet stink of cheese?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here