Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd NFL game in London every Season

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good news for us then :clap2: Looks like the London Jaguars might only be a few years away.

Still wish Malcolm Glazier's Bucs would move to Manchester instead (since he owns United too).

Anyone else going? Both this year's games sold out virtually instantly yet again. Anyone else actually play? :flameboun

Would it be a good use for the Olympic Stadium?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The idea of an NFL team being based here irritates me. Can you imagine the outrage if a Premier League team relocated to America?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Good news for us then :clap2: Looks like the London Jaguars might only be a few years away.

Still wish Malcolm Glazier's Bucs would move to Manchester instead (since he owns United too).

Anyone else going? Both this year's games sold out virtually instantly yet again. Anyone else actually play? :flameboun

Would it be a good use for the Olympic Stadium?

Yep I play. Do you play as well?!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
There are rumours of an exhibition game to be held in NZ at some point, and I'd kill to get tickets for that. Been to three games in the UK and they were all excellent (apart from Calvin Googling Harris).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm off to the Vikings/Steelers game my mate is a mad Steelers fan, but it's a great opportunity to see Big Ben and Adrian Peterson, should be a competitive game, looking forward to it. I'd love it if the Redskins made it over one year. The London Jags could be a possibility as they do have trouble shifting tickets in jacksonville. Not sure london or the NFL is quite ready yet, but it's getting there.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep kinda play, not for Sussex Thunder (too far to travel) but am involved in the new Hastings team who've only played a couple of games so far. We've been accepted into the league for next season though and more my standard currently. Played a bit in states but not to any decent level during my year living in S.C. at uni. At 5'9(1/2) and pushing 160 it's a good excuse to get fit and hit the gym so I can play some safety. Currently doing my official coaching badges rather than the American Assistant and the british flag qualifications already have.

Great fun and takes me back to playing 8-10 years ago rather than just watching college games online. Big Clemson (and Bucs) fan for 20+ years.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm off to the Vikings/Steelers game my mate is a mad Steelers fan, but it's a great opportunity to see Big Ben and Adrian Peterson, should be a competitive game, looking forward to it. I'd love it if the Redskins made it over one year. The London Jags could be a possibility as they do have trouble shifting tickets in jacksonville. Not sure london or the NFL is quite ready yet, but it's getting there.

Agree, 2 great players and also on the not yet, but getting there front :thumbsup:

Finally a non-American team could be 'world champions' at a sport lmao

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I have tickets to both games, got them cheaper as a pair, looking forward to seeing the 49ers but wish the Falcons would come here at some point!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The idea of an NFL team being based here irritates me. Can you imagine the outrage if a Premier League team relocated to America?

It's all very reciprocal, and the thin end of the wedge surely.

When Chelsea and Man City play friendlies against each other out there, this happens over here, and City 'buy' a franchise over there, then that overseas 39th game is just around the corner.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yep kinda play, not for Sussex Thunder (too far to travel) but am involved in the new Hastings team who've only played a couple of games so far. We've been accepted into the league for next season though and more my standard currently. Played a bit in states but not to any decent level during my year living in S.C. at uni. At 5'9(1/2) and pushing 160 it's a good excuse to get fit and hit the gym so I can play some safety. Currently doing my official coaching badges rather than the American Assistant and the british flag qualifications already have.

Great fun and takes me back to playing 8-10 years ago rather than just watching college games online. Big Clemson (and Bucs) fan for 20+ years.

Fair enough. I play for Sussex (rookie season). What standard are you going into next year? Really is a good excuse to hit the gym. I'm 6'6 and about 225 - have been playing tight end. Brilliant fun and gives a whole different appreciation of the game playing it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the subject of NFL, we are planning on going to the States later this year and I would love to get to a game. Anyone any idea on how easy/hard it is to get tickets? Will be either New York, San Diego or Miami.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's all very reciprocal, and the thin end of the wedge surely.

When Chelsea and Man City play friendlies against each other out there, this happens over here, and City 'buy' a franchise over there, then that overseas 39th game is just around the corner.
There are two important differences:
1) The USA has it's own professional soccer league (well, 3 actually) and playing Premier League matches over there might damage further their own product. But there is no pro NFL league in Europe anymore, not since the World league folded.
2) It appears that Wembley will sell out regardless of which NFL teams play. On the other hand, Wigan v Fulham played in the USA would draw flies.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Love the NFL, but it should stay over there. A European franchise would be absurd.

I'm not so sure, America is such a vast country that they already have to deal with time differences & long travel. They'd have to be in a East based division certainly but it's far from unworkable.

Selfishly, I'd love to see a franchise over here, it would be brilliant.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I've got tickets to see The Dolphons at The Jets on 1st December, sorry that should say 12.1.13! Waiting for the fixtures to come out to se if I'll miss a home match!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here