Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news with Gus

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bloody hell.

No-one knows anything. And if we did know anything we wouldn't be allowed to say anything.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He is still our manager at the moment.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Come off it - it's only been three weeks - during which time the entire populace of Greater Sussex-by-the-Sea has been banned from writing anything about what might or might not be going on. Check back in a couple of months and see if the esteemed CEO has sent out a few more holding notes - due process - being professional - will take as long as it takes - you are the greatest fans on the planet - thanks for your patience and understanding - here's a new scheme to make more dough out of you - kind of stuff. I understand a new season will start soon - but they might need to hang on a bit for us join in. The thought police are at the door again sorry.....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The club are still carrying out their investigations into....well we don't know what! All we can do is wait. However, the longer it takes the more likely scenario is that they will end up staying.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All we know is that by season start someone will be running the team in whatever capacity.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Come off it - it's only been three weeks - during which time the entire populace of Greater Sussex-by-the-Sea has been banned from writing anything about what might or might not be going on. Check back in a couple of months and see if the esteemed CEO has sent out a few more holding notes - due process - being professional - will take as long as it takes - you are the greatest fans on the planet - thanks for your patience and understanding - here's a new scheme to make more dough out of you - kind of stuff. I understand a new season will start soon - but they might need to hang on a bit for us join in. The thought police are at the door again sorry.....

tis me I am Sparticus:down:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I think we need a series of countdown (and count-up) clocks, just to pass the time until we're allowed unbridled speculation once again, and the clumsy mess has been solved.

A bit like banks have the time in New York, Tokyo and London, I'd like to see:

1. A clock which counts up from the moment we officially had no manager working at the club
2. A clock counting down to the restart of pre-season training
3. A clock counting down to 3 o'clock on the first Saturday of the season
4. A live vote counter with the mickey-mouse choice of names for a new "fleece the fan" scheme
5. An airport style listing of the longest serving managers in the league (with the same club) which can tick over eliminating some every few hours

- Wenger -16 years
- Tisdale - 6 years
- Abbott - 4 years
- Wilder - 4 years
- Clough - 4 years
- Poyet - suspended due to fog
- Yates - 3 years

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You've heard of The Voice with 4 music legends only turning around when they like what they hear?

i give you, The Wait, with Charlie, Gus, Tano and Barber in the chairs and TB singing his heart out on stage trying to convince them all to side with him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has it not been suggested by many that it would all be sorted and concluded this week or is that wishful thinking. I do however work on the principal that no news is good news so perhaps he is staying.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
perhaps whille gus is off playing in this touremant, Barber is thinking about charging programmes to 1901 members, charging you to sit in your allocated seat on matchdays....you may have a season ticket, but you dont own the chair remember! and when you purchase something that comes to .95.....not having any 5ps in the till!! mwahahaha

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Has it not been suggested by many that it would all be sorted and concluded this week or is that wishful thinking. I do however work on the principal that no news is good news so perhaps he is staying.

I doubt anyone actually knows, but you would think on any practical level, it would have to be done pretty soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If this saga goes beyond the start of July, then all the ingredients are there for relegation next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here