Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 year old invented heavy metal back in 1958

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How about this for a performance and what about the guitar?

[yt]2jj4gKqn1HI[/yt]

edit - love the guitar solo. 12 years old, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Brilliant. I guess this is before Stagger Lee met Billy, and they got down to gambling.

Not sure it's got anything to do with Heavy Metal though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Excellent stuff.

Still going - it seems...

Collins%20Kids%20Alone.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
How about this for a performance and what about the guitar?

[yt]2jj4gKqn1HI[/yt]

edit - love the guitar solo. 12 years old, that's ridiculous.

Nice - but it's an energetic take on rock n roll, rather than your actual metal :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice - but it's an energetic take on rock n roll, rather than your actual metal :)

Excellent stuff. At a guess a precursor for rockabilly as opposed to metal. We need to get @Psychobilly Freakout on the case.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Excellent stuff. At a guess a precursor for rockabilly as opposed to metal. We need to get @Psychobilly Freakout on the case.

Certainly not a precursor, rockabilly had been around since the early 50's and this video is from 58. A very good example of a lively rockabilly track though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was thinking more of the Eddie Van Halen-esque down on the knees guitar solo and the way he hit that riff sounded more heavy rock than rockabilly. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Great video though.

3dn6f.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

As Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo elduded to this is Rockabilly and they are still doing the rounds, I saw them in 1993 over here and my mate saw them in San Fran a couple of years ago.

Check this out miles better than Elvis

[yt]hjBsFV1JE-w[/yt]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was invented by Marty McFly in 1955?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thanks for the definitive replies fellas. Cracking video Psychobilly F too. Thanks for sharing. What was the kid like as an adult? I'm imagining Hank Williams III swagger but much better dressed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What was the kid like as an adult? I'm imagining Hank Williams III swagger but much better dressed.

Pretty much like the video posted by The Large one and to be honest I was a little worse for wear & much like most of the 50s Rockabilly stars they do like a waffle on about the old days inbetween songs mainly about how they shared a dressing room with Elvis etc which after the first time is not what I want to hear and I also hate it when they tend to do medlays of there greatest hits or covers of other 50s artists when they all tend to have a strong repertoire themselves which is why I go to see them in the first place, not that you will ever recapture the energy of the 50s im not delusional.....

Rant over, they were ok

Not a patch on Hank 111, he is god.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here