Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP & the anti-fascist lot

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The UAF are a "direct action" front for the SWP and other lefty loons like the ANL. Their aim is to confront and inflame the atmosphere at meetings , rallies and demonstrations organised by the BNP and EDL and latterly with their rise in popularity , UKIP.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The extreme left have got to very careful, IMHO, as to how they combat the very real popularity being gained by UKIP. They're in danger of making Farage and his boys look like a viable option at the moment.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The UAF are a "direct action" front for the SWP and other lefty loons like the ANL. Their aim is to confront and inflame the atmosphere at meetings , rallies and demonstrations organised by the BNP and EDL and latterly with their rise in popularity , UKIP.

David Cameron supports this group so it seems as if it is not only for 'lefy loons'.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seems we now have right wing fascists AND left wing fascists, with UKIP sitting somewhere between the two. They seem a credible bet compared with the extreme opposites.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1046...arage_plans_to_fight_for_Sussex_seats/?ref=mr

I don't have a degree in Politics, but surely the actions of the anti-fascist lot (who I am assuming is the UAF) is effectively a form of fascism in itself? Their ideology seems to be you either agree with them or they get abusive (physically as well as verbally). Mr Farage's comments in the article are spot on for me.
I've always said the UAF are the fascists. It seems they don't actually know the true meaning of the word. You don't have to be far right to be a fascist . Although that seems to be the way the word is portrayed these days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
David Cameron supports this group so it seems as if it is not only for 'lefy loons'.

I wonder why Dodgy Dave supports this group , would it have anything to do with UKIP destabilising the core Tory vote ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Idiots on both sides, what's new? Genuine question though, apart from the immigration issue and another privately-educated leader, what do UKIP offer? I can't see them being elected.

They won't get elected but they could become a main player in a hung parliament.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As much as I absolutely despise UKIP, I agree with a lot of the sentiment - unfortunately they are a legitimate, not massively immoral, political party so it's not really on to try to disrupt a peaceful event of theirs.

However, that Argus article is shockingly sensationalised and biased. I can only assume the writer is angling for a job at the Sun.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Idiots on both sides, what's new? Genuine question though, apart from the immigration issue and another privately-educated leader, what do UKIP offer? I can't see them being elected.

For those of us that don't swallow the whole EU rhetoric they are the only party to support.

Tories - will only hold an in/out vote IF they are re-elected in 2015 - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Labour - have already lied about the vote on the Lisborn Treaty so why should we believe them again ( and that's assuming they ever bother to tell us the voters their current position )
Lib Dem - liars through and through. Look at Uni fees and LDC around Falmer.
Greens - yes, OK, I'd rather bite my own bollocks off !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Any chance we can group all these type of political threads into one big one? There's currently 3 or 4 on the front page of NSC and it's really not what we're all about, is it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The extreme left have got to very careful, IMHO, as to how they combat the very real popularity being gained by UKIP. They're in danger of making Farage and his boys look like a viable option at the moment.

Correct and astute.

On Saturday the UKIP spokesman Marty Caine (yes really) said Drummer Rigby's parents were "idiots" for not supporting the EDL marches. The EDL in turn have some current and former BNP members in their ranks (I.e. Pompey Dave). You can draw a very shallow line between the three groups and Farage is probably the most moderate member. By targeting him, and by preventing the laying of wreaths the UAF are in danger of giving the far right more recruits rather than less. This surely can't be their aim?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any chance we can group all these type of political threads into one big one? There's currently 3 or 4 on the front page of NSC and it's really not what we're all about, is it?

Would you rather have Palace related threads instead ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would agree that the behaviour of the protesters at the meeting was very silly, and I have some sympathy with what mr Farage said about it.

As a pro-European, I think it is the first thing I have ever heard him say that I have agreed with. Most of what he spouts about Europe is absolute rubbish and, having looked at their website and what it has to say about policy, which is all very thin, I disagree with just about all of it. Whether you think he and his party are racist probably depends on your definition of racism. These things are not black and white - no pun intended - there are shades of grey, and far more than the 50 in the title of that silly book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here