Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iwelumo to Scunthorpe

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good signing for them. Will do a job at that level.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Unplayable on his day, sadly those days are now very much few and far between.

Oct 25, 2003
was anyone else REALLY disappointed when he turned us down in 2004 in favour of moving to Germany? Or equally disappointed when we turned him down the following year?

really liked him in up front with leon in 2004

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
was anyone else REALLY disappointed when he turned us down in 2004 in favour of moving to Germany? Or equally disappointed when we turned him down the following year?

really liked him in up front with leon in 2004

Yes. Very strange move that, especially after he appeared very invested in our playoff success, and especially to a small, rather dull club like Alemannia Aachen.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Yes. Very strange move that, especially after he appeared very invested in our playoff success, and especially to a small, rather dull club like Alemannia Aachen.

I seem to remember that he said one of the driving factors behind his move was that they had qualified for the UEFA cup and he saw it as his only chance to play European football. They went out in the first round and he didn't play if my memory serves me right, which it may very well not.

Oct 25, 2003

i may be wrong, but i think they'd qualified for europe that season as runners-up of the german cup, so that was probably a factor. Pretty sure they were still in the "2. bundesliga" though, so it was a fairly odd move as you say.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

The club, apparently, wouldn't pay a relocation fee for him to move down from Sussex. That and the lure of Uefa Cup Football with Aachen

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I seem to remember that he said one of the driving factors behind his move was that they had qualified for the UEFA cup and he saw it as his only chance to play European football. They went out in the first round and he didn't play if my memory serves me right, which it may very well not.

They went out in the round of 32 having got through the group stage

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here