Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How might one recommend a player to our scouts?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I have been watching a player for several games, 18 or 19 and playing at a high standard.
The fellow stands out, has excellent vision with passing skills to match.
He also switches wings, works well up front and in defence, oozes confidence on the ball and values possession. All the while, he plays in our style (as I see it ).

How to let our scouts know to take a look at this lad?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he's playing at a high standard surely they would've heard of him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been watching a player for several games, 18 or 19 and playing at a high standard.
He also switches wings, works well up front and in defence, oozes confidence on the ball and values possession. All the while, he plays in our style (as I see it ).

Write a letter or email as did to David Burke at The Amex and I can assure you that you will get a reply of thanks. Give as much detail as to your view of his ability and the club he plays for league standard etc.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Write a letter or email as did to David Burke at The Amex and I can assure you that you will get a reply of thanks. Give as much detail as to your view of his ability and the club he plays for league standard etc.

Great... would you let me know his email address please?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
If he's playing at a high standard surely they would've heard of him?

Would you expect them to know every player in Europe?

The player has been cited as one of the better youth players, but even then I doubt BHA will have heard of them all.
This player would be likely to compete for a first team place, not just our youth and reserves.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It is available on Seagulls website but if addressed to DavidBurke@BHAFC.co.uk as per all other e mail addresses it will get to him.

Many THANKS BensGrandad, unlike the masturbator Bold Seagull you have been useful towards an Albion quest!
I'm on a phone abroad writing on here, so bullshit trolls thinking they are being clever are just pathetic really.
Cheers!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would you expect them to know every player in Europe?

The player has been cited as one of the better youth players, but even then I doubt BHA will have heard of them all.
This player would be likely to compete for a first team place, not just our youth and reserves.

Define "playing to a high standard". In my head that means in one of the top leagues in the world.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If I were you I'd approach him to see if he wants you as an agent. Wear a nice suit and affect an accent (Israeli? Portuguese?) Cut off the conversation with a call from Monaco (your missus) and then get back to him. Easy money.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
What is your version of high standard? I'm assuming you mean non-league at say Lewes or similar!?

Absolutely not, and we have picked up players from such heights as Burton I seem to recall.
But please don't bother yourself more, there's a good chap.
Whatever your somewhat dubious interest in this thread is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm curious as to why all the cloak and dagger.

I doubt scouts are trawling message boards, looking for that one tip off.

TBH I can't see the Albion being too bothered either, they must get inundated with agents/parents/video clips, from all round the world. I don't imagine they'd be prepared to take the word of a 'layman' too far.

Oct 25, 2003
after midfield playmaker, scout is the role in football that i'd most like to do

traveling the globe searching for the next big thing whilst getting paid for it

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

I recently offered the Club 2 Slovak Boys 23&19 currently playing in Kosice in the Slovakian top league i gave them release papers from FCKosice the Boys were willing to travel here and stay at there own cost, and BHA said that they wouldnt give them a trial coz there not current internationls i was gobsmacked by the reply, Crawley didnt even answer my email !!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here