Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martinez to Everton!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
As he'd already left Wigan and Wigan unlikely to poach a manager from anyone big enough for Gus' liking, I can't see this helping us sort anything out :(. Surely something's gotta happen soon though?!!!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Unless Gus goes to Wigan. This is a possibility, but I can't see him being the loyal servant Whelan seems to like.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well that's the one manager I'd have liked instead of Gus gone so now Tony needs to swallow his pride and keep Gus !

D

Deleted member 2719

Well that's the one manager I'd have liked instead of Gus gone so now Tony needs to swallow his pride and keep Gus !

I can't hear Bloom saying to Gus ' Sorry Gus we all got carried away with winning the play-off's, Paul and i have been somewhat hasty please forgive us and we will double our playing budget and risk administration'.

Gus: eeeeeeeeeees complicated but ok Tone, the Chelsea jobs gone and i don't fancy Wigan, can i go to leeds if they come in for me'?

Tone and Barber : yes whatever cos you are the messiah.

Get real Westdene, Bloom never going to keep him on the books he is a goner.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Martinez will fail. And I will be here to enjoy it.

I might even put a £1 on Everton to go down next season. He is very good at ridding a team of a goalscoring habit, whilst letting in shedloads. Makes him very highly rated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would Gus go to a team in the Championship, with a smaller ground capacity (and certainly no more money) than Brighton?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Why would Gus go to a team in the Championship, with a smaller ground capacity (and certainly no more money) than Brighton?

No more money? Have u taken the small matter of parachute payments into account?

We are a better proposition long term but short term, Poyet could get Wigan up and move on to a bigger side in the Prem. he's burnt his bridges here, so we are not an option for him.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
It could all just make for a difficult situation.
With the realistic current Premiership vacancies now filled, and Im not sure if there would be any more until October/November, Gus could struggle to find a championship side that fits his ambitions, would be willing to fund his dream and pay us the alleged compensation.
If TB sacks Gus, then I doubt whether Gus would be liable to pay us any compensation and would we get compensation if another club then employed him?
I cant see Gus being a No2 at Chelsea, as was rumoured. There is enough ego there already with the return of "The Special One".
Thank goodness we,ve got a world class poker player as a chairman.
Im firmly on the Tony Tram.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Next season could be a disaster for Wigan. They're going to make a loss from being in the Europa League and with all the extra matches I think it's going to have a detrimental effect on their Championship form. Crowds of 8,000? They could easily drop into League One.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
It could all just make for a difficult situation.
With the realistic current Premiership vacancies now filled, and Im not sure if there would be any more until October/November, Gus could struggle to find a championship side that fits his ambitions, would be willing to fund his dream and pay us the alleged compensation.
If TB sacks Gus, then I doubt whether Gus would be liable to pay us any compensation and would we get compensation if another club then employed him?
I cant see Gus being a No2 at Chelsea, as was rumoured. There is enough ego there already with the return of "The Special One".
Thank goodness we,ve got a world class poker player as a chairman.
Im firmly on the Tony Tram.

You sure he's a world class poker player?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No more money? What about the £18m (?) parachute payment?

Fair point - but what's the capacity of their ground? What was their avarage attendance in the Prem - and what might it be now they're in the Championship? Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Wigan, their a smashing little club, well run and well done to them for their fantastic achievements in recent years - but they're not a step up from us, not now..........and Poyet is ambitious, isn't he?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fair point - but what's the capacity of their ground? What was their avarage attendance in the Prem - and what might it be now they're in the Championship?

Capacity just over 25k
Average just over 18k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here